Help us make things dogs love!
Close to skiing, fishing, hiking, hunting, and all things outdoors
- Bozeman, Montana
- $13.50 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Production Team Members work in a variety of roles including: Toy Production, Packaging, Shipping, or Injection Molding and is for either 1st shift (7am - 3:30pm), 2nd shift (3pm - 11:30pm), or 3rd Shift (9pm - 7:30am Monday - Thursday) Production Team. Production Positions are in a climate controlled environment.
Pay for Production Team Member hourly wages begin at $13.50 per hour (on 1st shift), $14.50 per hour (for 2nd shift), and $15.50 per hour (for 3rd shift) and goes up after initial training is completed (usually within 2-3 months). Training opportunities and the related pay increases happen frequently and new hires often increase their pay by $1 per hour when these trainings are completed.
Production Team Member
At West Paw, our goal is to be “Dog’s Best Friend”. We do this by making things dogs love and by caring about how we make the things dogs love - from our own factory in beautiful Bozeman, Montana.
The talented, dog-loving, sustainability-driven team at West Paw designs, manufactures, markets and ships high quality, planet and people conscious dog products to over 40 countries and 6000 retailers. Our products are proudly made by us in our eco-friendly facility in Bozeman, and we pride ourselves on products that are safe, durable and made responsibly.
Beyond dogs, we care about people and the planet too. At West Paw, we envision a world where business success is friendly to people and the planet. We’re eco-friendly in our materials and manufacturing choices and people-friendly in our business choices.
We’re West Paw, a proud Certified B Corp and Dog’s Best Friend®.
To be the best fit we actively seek purpose-driven candidates that embrace the love of dogs, a curiosity to understand and passion for our vision of a better society and environment. Our best days at work often involve sharing a great dog experience that brought connection and joy.
The Production Team Member is an either part time or full time, hourly, non-exempt, overtime eligible position that provides superior quality manufactured pet products by working in any of the following areas (or combination of areas): Toys, Mats & Beds, Injection Molding, and/or Shipping. They are responsible for working as part of a team while assembling an entire product or component of a product, packaging product, and/or picking and shipping product orders. Production Team Members perform assigned tasks while meeting quality and efficiency standards. This role has no direct reports. It is part of the Production Department and reports to either the Production Manager, Production Supervisor, or Shift Lead depending on shift times and production area.
- Function as part of the team responsible for assembly, production, packaging and/or shipping of all West Paw product orders in any of the following areas (or combination of areas): Toys, Mats & Beds, Injection Molding, and/or Shipping
- Ensure high standards of quality and efficiency in your work and seek support when needed
- Adapt to production needs and cross-train into other areas or departments as needed
- Adhere to all documented standards and procedures in the assigned work area including safety, quality, material receiving, inventory management, production and maintenance.
- Adhere to LEAN manufacturing philosophy and methods to eliminate waste
- Embody West Paw Core Values in all work interactions, tasks, and decisions (act with integrity, be accountable, be tenacious, be friendly, be healthy, continuous improvement, create value)
- Uphold West Paw’s Vision in all work endeavors (we envision a world where business success is friendly to people and the planet)
- Champion West Paw’s Purpose in all work decisions (humanize the business by creating lasting connection with our people, communities, customers, and their pets)
- Other duties as assigned
West Paw is a small family-owned business with a strong history and new growth ahead. Through our diversified workforce, with most of us in one facility, we celebrate a collaborative, hardworking team. Our success stems from our values, our vision and purpose, and our willingness to learn and grow. We leverage Open Book Management allowing all employees to become better business people and to understand how they can further business success. We invest in financial literacy and transparency to engage employees to contribute to our current financial condition and future plans.
Our team is united in our quest for a cleaner planet, healthier communities, safe and happy pets, and transparent business practices. Everyone from production to sales to accounting and beyond rallies around our mission with a shared sense of purpose and pride. Our culture is built on relationships – with each other, our customers, our pets, our community, and our planet.
The joy of our work comes from sharing in success with people who are passionate about pets, contribute to our culture, appreciate a fast-paced atmosphere, share our values and further our vision.
Essential Ability, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Able to contribute to and support West Paw’s positive culture
- Strong communication and listening skills (gains clarification, responds well to questions, participates in meetings, etc.)
- Willing and able to cross-train into other areas of Production as the business need arises
Education and Experience Requirements
- Commercial/industrial sewing experience preferred
- Injection molding experience preferred
- Shipping and packaging experience preferred
- Product assembly experience preferred
Environmental and Physical Requirements
- Able to sit, walk, and/or stand continuously for up to 8 hours
- Able to frequently pinch and grasp materials using up to 20 lbs of force
- Able to bend, stoop, stretch, reach, push, pull, and balance materials during handling, assembly, and filling/shipping of customer orders
- Able to use step ladders and/or a forklift
- Able to frequently reach lift, move, and/or shift boxes weighing up to 40 lbs, up to 60 inches from the floor and carry the boxes up to 50 feet
- Able to pull materials downward exerting up to 20 lbs of force, 45 inches to 30 inches from the floor
- Able to apply push/pull forces up to 15 lbs, 12 inches to 40 inches from the floor
- Assist in unloading fabric trucks, lifting and/or assisting with lifting fabric rolls weighing up to 50 lbs
- Exposure to constant moderate and intermittent noise, hot surfaces (machinery, materials, and glue), sharp objects and slippery surfaces (machinery, tools, floor, etc), and varying temperatures both inside and outside the building
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below.