Horse person for private ranch on 4,500 wooded acres in the beautiful Mt Shasta wilderness
Live and work in the beautiful Mt Shasta wilderness in Northern California
- Mc Cloud CA, near Mt. Shasta
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 10, 2017)
Willow Creek Ranch, located near Mt Shasta, CA, is a private ranch with 15 beautiful quarter horses, a Percheron Draft team, a Shetland pony and one Canadian warmblood. The ranch is situated on 4,500 wooded acres, equipped with indoor and outdoor riding arenas along with miles of scenic trails. Our focus is primarily Western riding and trail rides for the owners and their personal guests.
We are seeking an experienced rider ideally versed in both Western and English. A good seat and hands are a must. Driving experience is not required but would be an asset. Western reining is not the skill set we are looking for…our emphasis is on training techniques and knowledge directed at finishing trail horses, and keeping them both fit and safe.
An important aspect of the job includes supporting guests who want to ride but are inexperienced. You must be a team player, hardworking and upbeat, with a willingness to pitch in and do whatever is necessary. The position includes daily horse care- feeding, grooming, turn-out, mucking, equine first aid- as well as training and riding.
As a member of the Willow Creek Ranch team, you will:
- Connect with other like-minded individuals and forge new friendships while you work together to ensure the highest level of horse care.
- Live and work in the beautiful Mt Shasta wilderness with all that Northern California outdoors has to offer.
- Enjoy competitive compensation which includes hourly pay, health care benefits, high quality housing and all utilities, as well as a happy home for your horse.
How to Apply
Send resume and recent riding video to firstname.lastname@example.org