See Maine. Work outside. Join a Wallace Events Field Crew!
Come work for a fast-growing outfit in one of Maine's best locations!
Wallace Events is a year-round, full-service party rental company located in Ellsworth, Maine. We deliver, install, and service state-of-the-art party tents and temporary structures across all of Maine. We have everything needed to make anyone's dream event come alive, and keep it running smoothly.
Ellsworth, Maine is located next to scenic Mount Desert Island. It has all the benefits of living in Bar Harbor but is more centrally located for excursions into other parts of Maine.
Jobs in the Spotlight
Power Your Future. Join Wallace Events' Lighting, Sound, and Power team!
Join a fast-growing company and gain valuable work skills as a Warehouse Crewmember!
About Wallace Events
Wallace Events is a full-service event rental company. We deliver, install, and service a range of products to produce once-in-a-lifetime events for our clients. Our crewmembers get to work at beautiful and interesting job-sites around the state of Maine while working with top-of-the-line technology and developing professional skillsets. We have plenty of work to go around and we are always looking for talented workers to join our team!
The Employee Experience
We pride ourselves on creating a fair and respectful workplace where employees are able to develop valuable job skills and participate in a thriving team-oriented atmosphere. Our operations are varied, so there are multiple opportunities within the organization for employees to grow and develop in a specific department and gain skills they can take beyond the event industry. We serve locations all around Maine, so the scenery changes every day and our employees get to visit some incredible places that are not always open to the public. We are looking for both seasonal and year-round employees.
All Wallace Events’ Employees should exhibit:
- Exceptional customer service skills – always putting the customer experience first
- Positive attitudes
- Accurate work of the highest quality
- A drive to be a self-starter – always taking initiative with a “can do” attitude
- Problem solving skills
- A willingness to accept new responsibilities according to the needs of the company
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to see the forest through the trees
- An understanding of technology and the ability to use it effectively in the workplace
- Organizational skills and the ability to maintain a clean, neat workspace
- The ability to complete tasks in advance of deadlines
- Efficiency in job performance and communication
- The ability to identify and implement better business practices
- Courtesy to others and the desire to treat people with respect
- Loyalty to the company and colleagues
- Flexibility – the ability to adjust the game plan when circumstances shift
- Good communication – the ability to remain in touch constantly and effectively
- The ability to check their own works before passing it along to others
- The desire to take ownership of job requirements – doesn’t pass the buck
- Rejection of the temptation to listen to and spread rumors in the workplace
- The ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times
- The desire to get along with both customers and coworkers and avoid conflict
- Respect for confidentiality and cooperation in the protection of confidential information
- The ability to recognize their own limitations and willingness to ask for help
Room and Board
We do offer employee housing to qualified candidates at a rate of $50 per week. Employees live together in one spacious house with a shared kitchen, common space, and a big backyard. Bedrooms are mostly double or triple occupancy. The house is located about a 15-minute drive from work. Employees will need to provide their own transportation.
All Wallace employees get to enjoy the tight-knit team atmosphere and the sense of reward that comes from working with a team that gets the job done right every time. Seasonal employees are not eligible for our benefits package, but being a seasonal employee is a step toward the opportunity of year-round employment with our fast-growing team. Seasonal employees do enjoy competitive pay and they get to work outside at beautiful locations around Maine. Our location is great for anyone who is looking to explore all of Maine while living near Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Wallace Events employees should bring their own vehicle.
Wallace Events headquarters and our company housing are located within a 30-minute drive of Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor. On their days off, our employees can explore the hiking trails of Acadia, and the waters of Mount Desert Island. A lot of people who come to work the season in and around Bar Harbor miss other just-as-beautiful nearby attractions like the Schoodic Peninsula, Baxter State Park, and the Donnel Pond recreation area. Downtown Ellsworth also offers great shopping and dining opportunities.