See Maine. Work outside. Join a Wallace Events Field Crew!
Close to Acadia National Park, Baxter State Park, and Campobello Island International Park
- Ellsworth, Maine
- $15.50 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Wallace Events Field Crews get the job done at beautiful event sites all around the state of Maine. They work outside and develop valuable hand's-on work skills.
This entry-level position performs tasks related to the set up of event spaces and equipment and the construction of temporary structures (tents). Field Crew Members report to a Field Foreman, who directs their activities throughout the day.
- Takes direction from Field Foreman or Project Manager during job assignments
- Travels to various job sites with the Field Crew, often at a great distance; all road time is paid but travel time can exceed four hours in one direction
- Helps to unpack equipment at the job site and to organize set up efficiently
- Uses appropriate tools and equipment to construct temporary field structures
- Follows project plans and field diagrams to execute accurate job set up
- Supports customer satisfaction whenever possible
- Practices standard safety guidelines at all times and helps to support a safe worksite
- Learns all standard operating procedures for Field Crew and seeks direction if unfamiliar scenarios arise
- Maintains and services standing tents during inclement weather as needed
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude at all times while working with customers and crewmembers
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
This position typically works a five- or six-day work week (50 - 60 hours) in the summer and a four-day workweek (30 - 40 hours) in the winter. Evening and weekend hours are required, and 10+ hour days may be expected, especially on event days. This position is often offered on a seasonal basis. The year-round or seasonal status will be specified in any offer of employment. This position participates in the on-call rotation and may be required to work overnight or weekend hours when on-call.
Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. Must be able to maintain a professional appearance and basic hygiene standards during work hours. Must be able to take direction and operate various tools and equipment.
Housing is available for qualified candidates, but applicants should be planning to bring their own vehicle. Wallace Events is a year-round company and these seasonal positions could lead to a year-round gig. We are hoping to attract talented workers who are interested in living in one of Maine's most beautiful and fast-growing regions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can email or call Will.
Or feel free to complete the online application by clicking the button below.