Seeking, experienced culinary professionals to join the VVR team!
25 Miles North of Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- $42,796.00 / year + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 11, 2020)
Vista Verde Guest Ranch, a AAA 4-Diamond luxury guest ranch located outside Clark, Colorado, is seeking qualified candidates to interview for the role of Sous Chef. Our ideal candidate would be available to in May 2020, training under our Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine in order to familiarize themselves with our kitchen, schedule, overall operations, and, most importantly, our culture. In addition to availability, other requirements include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in all aspects of fine dining, with ideally 2 years as a Sous Chef or higher level.
- Nonsmoker, drug free (including marijuana)
- Mature, professional leader that has a passion for teaching and developing others
- Love of the outdoors and a desire to live in a wholesome, rural setting
- Desire for personal growth and leadership
- Passion for creating a kitchen culture that is professional and fun, with an “others first”, servant-hearted attitude
She or he will be responsible for overseeing the execution of all foods in collaboration with the executive chef including breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as all baking, staff meals, and special events. The candidate must be creative, energetic, compassionate, empathetic, even-tempered and enthusiastic about service, to the guests as well as the staff.
Other responsibilities include: assisting the Executive Chef & Chef de Cuisine in building a cohesive BOH team, menu planning, training, educating, purchasing, maintaining food costs, observing health codes, and carefully maintaining a very clean and orderly kitchen.
Compensation package is dependent upon experience, but it may include a combination of any or all of the following:
- Salary ($42,796 per year/$1,646 per biweekly pay period)
- 2 weeks paid time off during our off seasons (April and November)
- In addition, we will provide on-site housing and food for candidates with few or no dependents as part of the compensation package.
- Medical and Dental (Available after 2021)
- 401k (2% ranch participation after 1 year)
Vista Verde Guest Ranch is located 7 miles east of Clark, Colorado and 27 miles north of the world famous ski town of Steamboat Springs. To familiarize yourself with our ranch, we suggest that you visit our website at www.vistaverde.com, as well as our guest reviews on TripAdvisor.com. Vista Verde Guest Ranch is dedicated to providing the best guest ranch experience in the world. We offer a distinctly western, yet luxurious atmosphere where memorable relationships are created between guests and staff. We are also committed to a tobacco free/drug free environment where a healthy lifestyle and a responsible and professional demeanor - both on and off the clock - are expected. We are proud and protective of our family-friendly reputation; if our values and culture are not for you, please excuse yourself from consideration