Assistant General Manager- Vacation Homes
Experience the majestic mountains and vast wilderness that Montana has to offer!
- Big Sky, Montana
- $70,000.00 - $73,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in the US thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a strong operations manager to help lead a team and support a General Manager with their regional goals in Big Sky. The ideal candidate leads by example, communicates effectively, and is passionate about the tiny details, making positive experiences in every interaction with team members, guests, and owners.
What you’ll do
- Oversee operations in Big Sky managing a specific portfolio of properties
- Develop and grow a relationship with the owners of the properties by proactively communicating and becoming the subject matter expert of those properties ensuring they are clean, maintained and well cared for
- Meet and maintain Vacasa standards and metrics such NPS, standard unit appearance, and efficiency
- Manage a budget for your portfolio adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis
- Support your team with escalated guest and homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls and tickets
- Partner and assist your Business Development Representative when new units join the portfolio
- Perform home maintenance (appliance/ cable/ wifi troubleshooting, basic HVAC repair, light plumbing, etc)
- Conduct regular inspections prior to guest and owner arrivals
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with fellow regional team members and upper management team
- Provide cross-coverage when necessary.
The skills you’ll need
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior housekeeping experience a plus
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Work environment and physical demands
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed.
- Traveling between worksites is frequent and this person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Occasional need to perform housekeeping and maintenance duties
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- 70-73K DOE
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.