Spend Your Summer Work Camping!
We have campgrounds all throughout northeastern Utah for you to work in!
- Pleasant Grove, Utah
- $14.50 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 7 months. (May 10, 2021)
2021 Season Area Manager
Come work with us at Utah Recreation Company! We are a privately-owned company, contracted with the US Forest Service to provide concessionaire services in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
We are seeking friendly and hard-working individuals to be Area Managers for our 2021 season! This is an exciting opportunity to manage camp hosts while spending time outdoors and assisting campers.
Our recruiting and onboarding process involves email and online communications.
All new hires will report to our Pleasant Grove office on their first day of work for an orientation meeting.
CURRENT OPENINGS FOR THIS POSITION:
We are accepting applications for all of our 8 districts:
- Evanston-Mountain View
- Pleasant Grove
- Salt Lake
- Spanish Fork
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Classification: Seasonal, Full-Time
Site Provided for Position: Yes
Wage: Salaried position, the hourly equivalent is $14.50
Schedule: Variable schedule based on location needs. Some weekend work is required.
- Own a well-maintained RV suitable to stay in for the season
- Ability to manage a team of camp hosts in your district
- At least 3 years of recreation/resort/hospitality management experience preferred
- Experience camp hosting or working with camp hosts required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow and give instructions
- Must be bondable
- Must have a clear background check
- Personal flexibility in work schedules
- Reliable transportation
- Team-building skills
- Basic accounting and maintenance skills
- Manage staff of camp hosts and maintenance employees assigned to your district
- Provide team support, supply logistics, financial reporting, and training for employees who function as camp hosts, maintenance support, etc.
- Maintain and test drinking water systems in our facilities (with support of maintenance staff)
- Be the primary contact with local permit administrators
- Arrive early in the season to get the equipment ready to open the area and stay after season end to close down the water systems (with support of maintenance staff)
- Ensure and take appropriate action for the proper maintenance of all property equipment
- Follow a routine preventative maintenance program (with support of maintenance staff)
- Ensure the safety of guests and employees
- Communicate efficiently and timely with management through email and/or phone. GTM and video conferencing may be required.
- Ensure prompt, safe, and courteous service to all guests. Resolve guest disputes in a diplomatic and consistent manner as developed by management.
- Be a willing member of Utah Recreation Company/Basecamp Hospitality, performing all duties and functions as assigned to the best of your ability
- Always perform the job in a safe manner and follow the company Injury and Illness Prevention Program
PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
O-Occasional (1-33%), F-Frequent (35-66%), C-Continuous (67-100%)
- Standing – F
- Walking – F
- Sitting – O
- Lifting – F
- Carrying – F
- Pushing – O
- Pulling – O
- Climbing – O
- Balancing – O
- Stooping – O
- Kneeling – O
- Crouching – O
- Crawling – O
- Reaching – F
- Handling – F
- Speaking – C
- Seeing – C
- Depth Perception – F
- Color Vision – F
- Reading – F
- Writing – F
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utah Recreation Company/Basecamp Hospitality, dba Urban Park Concessionaires, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We participate in E-Verify.