Spend Your Summer Work Camping!
We have campgrounds all throughout northeastern Utah for you to work in!
- Pleasant Grove, Utah
- $10.35 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 7 months. (May 10, 2021)
2021 Season Camp Host
Come work with us at Utah Recreation Company! We are a privately-owned company, contracted with the US Forest Service to provide concessionaire services in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
We are seeking friendly and hard-working individuals and couples to be Camp Hosts for our 2021 season! This is an exciting opportunity to work in the hospitality field while spending time outdoors and assisting campers.
Our recruiting and onboarding process involves email and online communications.
All new hires will report to our Pleasant Grove office on their first day of work for an orientation meeting.
CURRENT OPENINGS FOR THIS POSITION:
All campgrounds in the following Forest Service ranger districts:
- Evanston-Mountain View
- Pleasant Grove
- Spanish Fork
- Salt Lake
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Classification: Seasonal (typically May through October)
Location: We have availability in all 8 of our districts
Site Provided for Position: Yes (free to you!)
Wage: $10.35 per hour
Schedule: Variable hours based on location needs – one day off per week, weekends required. The total number of hours may fluctuate from week to week.
- Incredible guest services skills
- Own a well-maintained RV/camper/etc. suitable to stay in for the season (subject to approval by Forest Service).
- Experience in the recreation industry preferred
- Knowledgeable about visitor services and amenities in the forest and campground
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Positive attitude toward the campground environment
- Genuine concern for guests’ experience
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment
- Greet arriving guests, assist with check-in and check-out
- Take an active role in seeing that facilities and equipment are properly maintained and used appropriately
- Clean fire pits, bear-lockers campsites, parking areas, and roadways
- Paint/clean picnic tables as needed
- Clean restrooms as per housekeeping schedule
- Ensure vehicle procedures are followed in the use of assigned vehicles
- Know, understand, and follow established rules and standards for housekeeping and sanitation
- Monitor campground loop and handle any concerns or questions from guests
- Sell company-provided firewood, if applicable to the location
- Be a friendly and helpful resource to visitors
- Enforce campground rules and regulations
- Resolve conflicts among campers and report problems to management as needed
- Collect payment from campers and envelopes from fee tubes
- Weed trimming and lawn mowing
PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
O-Occasional (1-33%), F-Frequent (35-66%), C-Continuous (67-100%)
- Standing – C
- Walking – F
- Sitting – O
- Lifting – O to F (25 lb)
- Carrying – O to F (25 lb)
- Pushing – O
- Pulling – O
- Climbing – O
- Balancing – O
- Stooping – O
- Kneeling – O
- Crouching – O
- Crawling – O
- Reaching – O
- Handling – C
- Speaking – C
- Hearing – C
- Seeing – C
- Depth Perception – F
- Color Vision – F
- Reading – F
- Writing – F
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utah Recreation Company/Basecamp Hospitality, dba Urban Park Concessionaires, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We participate in E-Verify.