UCC ADRT Crews are going to go help the Carolinas and Florida clean up after the recent hurricanes
Helping impacted communities after the Florence flooding
- North or South Carolinas Region, Utah
- $2,000.00 / month
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Nov 20, 2018)
The UCC ADRT Disaster Response Crew Member is an AmeriCorps position that will address critical community needs for natural disaster victims.
The UCC Crew Member will travel with their crew to the disaster site to engage in disaster response work that may include mucking and gutting of affected homes, community volunteer management, and connecting residents to local social services.
Members will be working long hours in stressful environments. There may be limited structure in place when the crew arrives. The crew is responsible for coordinating resources to carry out their service. During the disaster response work, members will be provided with transportation, housing, and a living allowance that includes a food stipend.
- Service-minded, strong desire to help others
- Positive attitude and a high level of maturity
- Self-sufficiency and ability to care for self in a stressful work environment
- Ability to take on a variety of duties and projects related to conservation work and disaster response work
- Ability to work long hours and thrive in high environments where there may be little leadership or direction
- Must be in good physical condition, including the ability to lift up to 30 lbs repeatedly, spend long hours bending and digging, and working in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to live and work in close proximity with others, including living in communal housing (ex. Community center, gymnasium, or camp-like setting)
- High School Diploma or GED, minimum
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Eligible to enroll in AmeriCorps
- Excellent work ethic
- Experience with manual labor
- Experience with conservation and/or disaster response work
- AmeriCorps Living Allowance: $1,000.00 paid twice a month (this amount includes the food stipend amount)
Total Living Allowance: $3,000.00
- AmeriCorps Education Award: $1,230.69 (awarded upon successful completion of term)
- Training in disaster response
- Housing and Transportation
How to Apply
Complete the UCC Online Application found at UCC.usu.edu/apply
1. Why do you want to work on a disaster response?
2. Highlight the qualifications you have that make you a strong candidate for doing disaster response work.
You will need to attach a resume and list of 3 professional references to the online application.
Questions? Contact Sarah Haderlie, firstname.lastname@example.org