Line Cooks needed in the Smoky Mountains - Housing is Included!
Surrounded by the Smoky Mountains; there are many activities to enjoy year round in the area!
- Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Mar 20, 2024)
As a Line Cook, you are an integral part of our food and beverage program. You will work with other Back of the House team members to deliver on culinary standards in our live fire kitchens. Working in various stations including grill, sauté, fry, prep, pantry, outdoor pop-up dining experiences, and providing support to the overall operation makes you the heart of the operation. You will keep our guests and team members safe by following food safety and sanitation protocols. Your goal is to work as a team to push out quality dishes to create memorable dining experiences. We cater to a diverse range of guests including groups, families, and individuals varying in age, interests, and with various degrees of comfort in outdoor elements. This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes the option of team member housing for the duration of employment.
- Effective Communication
- You maintain composure, take action, are resourceful, and solutions-minded in unpredictable situations such as weather, diverse needs of guests, or incidents on property
- Collaborate and interact professionally with guests, food & beverage team, and other department co-workers
- Actively maintain guest safety by following all food safety and sanitation protocols
- Your culinary passion and commitment to delivering quality menu items will be a critical contribution to positive guest experiences
- Your positive attitude, ability to listen to team members, and anticipate operational needs will lead to consistently positive guest feedback
- Contribute to programing by sharing ideas for specials or operations enhancements
- Prepare and plate dishes with proper prep and portioning in a timely manner
- Be knowledgeable about menu ingredients and food preparation methods to help navigate guest questions and special dietary needs
- Provide clear, accurate, complete, and timely communication
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve independently or in collaboration with your team and/or supervisor
- You value teamwork, quickly step in to help others
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Food Handler Certification
- Must be obtained within two weeks of start of employment
- Ability to follow direction
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly Team-Player
- Line or grill cook experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 31 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- This position is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle records check, if requested by Under Canvas.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Under Canvas strives to provide a comprehensive benefits and compensation package that addresses the needs of our team members. In addition, they can participate in:
Heavily discounted tents for Under Canvas family and friends stays
Bar N Ranch lodge and cabin discounts
Industry discounts for outdoor brands
Lifestyle partner brand discounts
Under Canvas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer who prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any kind.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Under Canvas.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our Careers website: