Camp Facilities Technician role at our Grand Canyon location - housing included!
Near to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and other awesome sights of northern AZ
- Valle, Arizona
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Apr 03, 2024)
As a Facilities Technician, you work closely with the Facilities Supervisor to ensure our glamping location is well-maintained, safe, and operational for our team members and guests. You play an important role in our success by performing daily maintenance, repairs, and general upkeep of our tents, amenities, equipment, and property. Depending on the camp location, the nature of work performed will vary from basic upkeep to more technical functions such as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing. This is a seasonal, hourly position that includes the option of team member housing for the duration of employment.
- Effective Communication
- Interact regularly with guests and team members
- Think critically to respond quickly and effectively to ever changing situations on property
- Be solutions oriented and proactive in problem solving
- General upkeep of tents, plumbing systems, propane gas water heaters, stove pipes, decks, trailers, vehicles, generators, solar power equipment and more
- Perform day-to-day maintenance and repair work at a camp location consisting of up to 80 high-quality outdoor tents with plumbing, communal structures with showers and toilets, laundry facilities, restaurants, common areas, fire pits, outdoor activities, and equipment
- Work alongside facilities team members, under the director of the Facilities Manager, on related tasks and in across multiple departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum two or more years of experience performing work with minimal direction, preferably skilled in plumbing, septic, propane, or generators
- Outdoor enthusiast: ability to work long, flexible hours outdoors in heat and cold
- Team-player with strong problem-solving skills
- Electrical Systems
- Hand and Power Tools
- Safety Standards
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 31 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- This position is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle records check, if requested by Under Canvas.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Under Canvas strives to provide a comprehensive benefits and compensation package that addresses the needs of our team members. In addition, they can participate in:
Heavily discounted tents for Under Canvas family and friends stays
Bar N Ranch lodge and cabin discounts
Industry discounts for outdoor brands
Lifestyle partner brand discounts
Under Canvas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer who prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any kind.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Under Canvas.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our careers website: