Beautiful Santa Catalina Island
- Two Harbors, California
- Previous experience required
REPORTS TO: Harbor Sands Manager
JOB TYPE: Part time
LOCATION: Two Harbors, CA
About the Company:
Catalina Island Company, the resort operator on Catalina Island, is located 22 miles off the coast of southern California and offers an abundance of amenities including Descanso Beach Club and Canyon, Island Spa Catalina, Pavilion Hotel, Avalon Grille, state-of-the-art beachfront conference and meeting space Catherine’s Terrace, as well as Banning House Lodge & Villas, Harbor Reef Restaurant and Harbor Sands in Two Harbors. The Catalina Island Company boasts more than 25 activities and tours designed to introduce visitors to the island’s natural beauty and rich history including the Zip Line Eco Tour, East End Adventure, Undersea Expedition and many more.
We are committed to encouraging and developing our team in a world class environment and are continuously developing the products and services we offer to increase the standards on Catalina Island – “California’s Island Escape”.
The incumbent is responsible for cleaning of all Harbor sands and Harbor Reef surrounding areas on property. Carries out Housemen responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Cleaning and maintaining all palapas and lounge chairs
- Maintaining the cleaning and raking of the sand
- Checking and cleaning all trashcans on Harbor sands and Harbor Reef patios
- Maintaining and cleaning of plants and planter boxes in and around Harbor Sands
- Maintaining and cleaning of plaza and event space area and all entry ways
- Assisting with set up and breakdown of palapas and lounge chairs
- Assisting of server and busser needs
- Answer all questions a guest may have
- Knowledgeable of Two Harbors liquor laws and regulations
- This person must be able to communicate effectively with both adults and children in both group and individual settings.
- Must be able to handle challenging situations calmly and effectively.
- This person must be able to handle multiple tasks and be creative and motivated.
- Must have great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience.
- This person must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess a High School/GED diploma
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, push and pull on a regular basis.
- Must have full range of overhead motions and full hand dexterity.
- Requires visual acuity and the ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
How to Apply
Please apply online.