Join Our Corral Team – Where life looks better in cowboy boots!
Tumbling River is in the center of the state. It's the perfect location for epic day off adventures
- Grant, Colorado
- $12.32 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 03, 2021)
Spend your summer working on the continental divide, in the Rocky Mountains!
During the summer we offer our guests a full program that includes horseback riding, hiking, fitness/wellness, fly fishing, shooting sports, white-water rafting, and much more.
We are looking for an individual who can be part of our ranch community as a whole and have a strong passion for the equine experience. *PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE LAST POSITION WE HAVE TO FILL FOR OUR 2021 SEASON AND DUE TO STAFF HOUSING LIMITATIONS, WE MUST FILL THIS POSITION WITH A MALE APPLICATE.
Wranglers not only take care of our horses but all our ranch animals as well…goats, chickens, donkeys, sheep. We are looking for individuals with an equestrian background, and the ability to give riding lessons. Applicants must have an affinity for people and thrive in a team environment. All TRR employees must be drug-free, which includes recreational marijuana.
- Wrangler led horse adventures each day along with giving riding lessons to riders of varying abilities.
- Wranglers also do general ranch work such as feeding, fencing, tack upkeep, moving horses to various pastures, putting up hay, and many other ranch chores.
- This job requires individuals with physical stamina and strength, capable of working long days.
- You must enjoy children as many of the rides are children's rides and the kids spend most of their time at the corral.
- Days start early, somewhere between 6:30-7:00 am to gather, feed, and saddle horses.
- After breakfast, the wranglers head back to the corral to finish tacking, scooping, etc. In the afternoon, our crew will clean the corral, feed, and turn out horses. Shower and clean up for dinner. Participate in evening activities after dinner.
- 1st aid & CPR cards required before taking the job.
- More than recreational riding skills are required. You must know how to correctly saddle horses. You need to know how to mount, walk, jog, and lope on both leads without any problem.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day.
- High level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team in a physical environment.
Tumbling River is a TEAM effort. We typically hire 6-8 wranglers for our corral and that is the focus of the job but be ready to work all over the ranch as an employee of Tumbling River Ranch! So, applicants must LOVE all guests (grands, parents, and kids). Tumbling River is a great place for people who love living in a community of young people, enjoy various outdoor activities, and are enthusiastic about learning new skills. If you aren’t afraid of hard work or living in a rural setting and love being active in the mountains, then TRR would be a great fit for you.
- All of our staff live on-site in bunkhouse-style accommodations and are very interactive with our guests at all times, so love for people and a positive attitude is a “must.”
- Our summer season runs from the middle of May to the end of September.
- Our compensation package consists of CO minimum wage for 40 hours plus time and ½ for over 40 hours. There is no extra financial benefit for working in one position or another. There are reachable incentives and bonuses available.
- Room and board are provided at a nominal daily rate. All meals, washing facilities, bed linens, pillows, and towels are provided.