Triple Creek Ranch, a luxury guest ranch offering rustic elegance and five star service.
Nestled in the beautiful Bitterroot Mountains
- Darby, Montana
- $12.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 13, 2020)
Triple Creek Ranch is an intimate, luxury ranch resort designed for adults. Situated among the towering pines on the southern side of Trapper Peak, the highest mountain in the Bitterroot Mountain Range of Western Montana, this unforgettable retreat merges unmatched natural beauty with plush comfort and exceptional personal service.
As employers, our mission is to make Triple Creek Ranch as good a place to work as it is to visit. Management’s goal is to hire and employ honest, fair-minded workers then treat those workers honestly and fairly. While we all recognize that work is work, working at Triple Creek Ranch should be a rewarding, positive experience of common goals, unity of spirit, and cheerful, polite, and conscientious concern for guests and co-workers.
To prepare and cook meals using the freshest and local ingredients to create a unique culinary experience for our guests, while being dedicated to pursuing a constant passion for food in a team-focused atmosphere.
Minimum Required Qualifications
The person in this position needs to:
- Frequently move about the kitchen and storage areas with efficiency and speed.
- Frequently use hands to handle knives for cutting and slicing meats, proteins, vegetables, etc.
- Frequently use hands to prepare menu items, while stirring, mixing, scooping, etc.
- Frequently use hands to operate various professional kitchen equipment such as mixers, meat slicers, etc.
- Frequently communicate with other kitchen and serving staff regarding menu items, guest food orders, etc.
- Frequently read and interpret recipes.
- Occasionally position self to place or reach kitchen items on lower shelves.
- Occasionally use cleaning items such as brooms and mops.
- Frequently move equipment, supplies, and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds across short distances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and be insurable on our company liability insurance as a driver of company vehicles.
- Create a positive and energetic environment that supports the delivery of an exceptional guest experience while upholding the highest level of TCR and Relais & Châteaux standards.
- Maintain the extraordinary five star TCR image and resort appearance including all service, cleanliness, and appearance standards.
- Reads menu and has understanding of guest’s reservations to match food par level requirements.
- Has knowledge of thermostat controls to regulate the temperature in ovens, salamander, plate warmers, and grill.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixers and slicer.
- Bakes, roasts, grills and saute foods, such as meats, seafood, starches and vegetables.
- Adds seasoning to food during cooking, according to personal judgment and experience.
- Carves meats and other proteins to present onto serving plates in an attractive manner. Also, adds sauces and garnishes to complete plate presentation.
- Able to read and expedite food orders.
- Must be able to break down a variety of land and sea proteins.
- Have proper mise-en-place for the designated kitchen station.
- Ensure foods are properly labeled, dated, stored, and utilized.
- Maintain produce and dairy stored in the walk-in, in an efficient and clean environment.
- Maintain protein cooler in an organized and sanitary environment.
- Clean, sanitize, and organize work area at the end of shift and perform daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks.
- Remove trash and garbage to designated containers outside as necessary.
- Sweep kitchen floor, mopping up spills, etc., to maintain a clean and dry floor.
- Assist with deliveries - Ensure that food and product are properly put away in a timely manner after being properly checked in.
- Perform any reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by management.
- Maintain a busy and productive workspace.
- Maintain a team-oriented attitude.
- Assist fellow co-workers when and where needed.