Triple Creek Ranch, a luxury guest ranch offering rustic elegance and five star service.
- $10.00 / hour + tips
- Start Date:
To prepare and cook meals using the freshest and local ingredients to create a unique culinary experience for our guests, while being dedicated in pursuing a constant passion for food in a team focused atmosphere.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads menu and has understanding of guest’s reservations to match food par level requirements.
- Has knowledge of thermostat controls to regulate temperature in ovens, salamander, plate warmers, and grill.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixers, and slicer.
- Bakes, roasts, grills, and sautés foods. Such as meats, seafood, starches, and vegetables.
- Adds seasoning to food during cooking, according to personal judgment and experience.
- Carves meats and other proteins to present onto serving plates in an attractive manner. Also, adds sauces and garnishes to complete plate presentation.
- Able to read and expedite food orders.
- Must be able to break down a variety of land and sea proteins.
- Have proper mise-en-place for the designated kitchen station.
- Ensure foods are properly labeled, dated, stored and utilized.
- Maintain produce and dairy in walk-in in and efficient and clean environment.
- Maintain protein cooler in an organized and sanitary environment.
- Clean, sanitizes and organizes work area at end of shift and performs daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks.
- Remove trash and garbage to designated containers outside as necessary.
- Sweep kitchen floor, mopping up spills, ect to maintain a clean and dry floor.
- Assist with deliveries—Ensures that food and product are properly put away in a timely manner after being properly checked in.
- Perform any reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by management
- Maintain a busy and productive pace.
- Maintain a team-oriented attitude.
- Assist fellow co-workers when and where needed.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of Triple Creek Ranch
Requirements for the position of a Line Cook:
A Line Cook must possess certain physical, emotional and mental faculties, along with the specialized training and general background knowledge, to properly and competently perform all the duties of a Line Cook in compliance with Triple Creek Ranch's department managers and general managers.
To properly perform this job, a Line Cook must fulfill the requirements listed below. This list is incomplete and additional requirements and abilities may be added.
- Work safely with efficiency and speed.
- Take and follow verbal and oral directions.
- Be able to multi task.
- Work well and in control while under periods of stress.
- Have good knife handling skills.
- Read and interpret recipes.
- Operate various professional kitchen equipment.
- Properly portion food.
- Lift and carry boxes, equipment, supplies and other items weighing 40 pounds.
- Be a team player.
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Drive and operate various Triple Creek Ranch vehicles safely and effectively.
- Be prepared and ready to work on time.
- A Line Cook must be completely honest and trustworthy in all aspects of the job.
- This position requires a motor vehicle driver's record investigation
- The position of Line Cook requires the completion of a probationary period of 1250 payroll hours worked