Trinchera Ranch is looking for an experienced and talented Sous Chef for the Guest/Hunting Lodge.
Western-style lodge with panoramic views of Trinchera Peak and surrounding mountains
- Fort Garland, Colorado
- $18.00 - $25.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (May 15, 2023)
Job Title: Sous Chef
Dates of Employment: May 2023 – October 2023
Employment Terms: Temporary
Expected Hours: 40+ hours/week, weekends, holidays
Pay: from $18.00 per hour
Job Purpose: The Trinchera Ranch is looking an experienced and talented Sous Chef for the Guest/Hunting Lodge.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Prepare meals for large dinner parties, small gatherings, and private chef settings
- Help design creative weekly menus for guests including pairing of wines with various fare
- Work with a wide variety of cuisine including game and health-conscious fare
- Oversee and facilitate shopping through a variety of vendors, stocking of all pantries, organizing and heavy lifting required
- Supervise all front of house and kitchen staff
- Ability to work weekends, overtime, and holidays
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality, and in a timely fashion
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Perform other Ranch duties as assigned
Knowledge: Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
Skill: Upscale food presentation, preparation of game and health-conscious fare
Ability: Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities, creative, attention to detail
Education: Professional culinary training is preferred, ServSafe Certification required
Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience working in a similar setting. Prior guest ranch experience preferred
Work Environment: This position has frequent exposure to periods of high activity, interruptions, and high stress under demanding conditions. The position requires communication with Company employees, customers, and other individuals. Work hours will vary depending upon the needs of the Company’s customers at any given time and will involve working long or non-traditional hours to fulfill Company and/or customer’ needs, projects, or special circumstances. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Activities: Moderate physical activity is required. Must possess the ability to lift items in excess of 50 pounds occasionally and up to 15 pounds frequently. This position requires standing, walking, stooping/bending, lifting, and repetitive motion and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and normal vision.
The Company performs background and reference checks on all employees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume or work experience and salary requirements to Allison Reagan, Human Resources Manager at Allison.Reagan@trincheraranch.com. Please note “Sous Chef” in subject line of email.