Are you a people person? Join us as a Reservations Center Specialist!
Help our guests plan their Badlands vacation !
- Medora, North Dakota
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Apr 26, 2024)
Reservation Center Specialist
Join the greatest team in the west. Opportunity awaits you in Medora.
There’s no organization quite like the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF). We’re a premiere tourism operation—and we’re a 501c(3) non-profit. We welcome hundreds of thousands of guests to an exciting, diverse lineup of entertainment, historical, and educational attractions—and we work tirelessly to connect people to Medora for positive life changing experiences.
TRMF was established in 1986—but our story begins before that. In 1962, nationally-renowned businessman Harold Schafer took an interest in a historic old town named Medora. He loved its history, its striking location, and its potential to inspire others. So he began revitalizing the old town: he restored a historic hotel, brought the Medora Musical to town, and so much more.
It was 1986 when the Schafer family, with Harold ready to retire from business, donated all they’d created in Medora to establish the non-profit Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
In the years since, we’ve grown from a staff of a handful of folks to more than 50 full-time employees, with hundreds more seasonal workers and over 650 volunteers. We’ve awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of scholarships to our staff. The Medora Musical has earned the attention of The New York Times. And we’ve earned a reputation as the #1 tourism and hospitality provider in North Dakota.
We are a team of people who draw inspiration from Medora. We deeply respect this place, and the people we meet here. We deliver excellence in hospitality. We work with creativity and integrity. We’re a family that values family.
We are the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
A Reservation Center Specialist will have the primary day-to-day responsibility to provide excellent customer service to guests calling to make reservations and to provide general information about Medora, the Medora Musical and Bully Pulpit Golf Course.
- Able to make reservations for motels, golf and a number of other TRMF attractions and events
- Provide excellent customer service while answering and returning telephone calls to assist guests with reservations
- Must work quickly and efficiently on computers and with various software programs
- Maintain knowledge of hotel policies including room rates, discounts, special offerings and events
- Be able to speak and understand English at a native level
- Participates in workplace safety training sessions
- Provides in person ticketing support at various venues as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Have the opportunity to earn incentives throughout the summer based on weekly individual and department goals
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Continuously works inside, and with others. Occasionally works alone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, talk, hear, and use fingers and hands for typing. Frequently required to have repetitive use of hands or arms. Occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned and determine safety of workplace surroundings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. Days and hours of work are varied based on needs of the guests, include morning and evening shifts.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have excellent computer/typing skills.
- Must be able to work with others.
TRMF is located in the heart of the Badlands: Medora, North Dakota.
It’s situated near the border separating North Dakota and Montana, along Interstate 94. Medora is the basecamp to Theodore Roosevelt National Park: 110 square miles of rugged beauty. You’re never more than a few minutes away from a night under the stars or a bike ride along the thrilling Maah Daah Hey Trail. In Medora, beauty and adventure abound.
Our central hub of operations, the Life Skills Center, is a state-of-the-art campus, purpose-built for the glory of work and the joy of living. It features a dining room, a fitness center, as well as spaces for music, studying, learning, prayer, reflection, and socializing—all designed with our employees in mind.
- You have a passion for exploring beautiful places and meeting people from around the world.
- Competitive wages with great opportunities for overtime work
- Affordable company provided housing on-site
- Employee meals provided at low cost in employee dining room
- Explore Medora and its attractions free or at discounted costs. Including the Medora Musical, Bully Pulpit Golf Course, Trail Rides, Mini Golf, Retail Shops and more!