Land a hole in one at Bully Pulpit Golf Course as a Golf Players Assistant!
Enjoy our beautiful golf course with the Badlands as a backdrop!
- Medora, North Dakota
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Apr 19, 2024)
Golf Course Player’s Assistant
Join the greatest team in the west. Opportunity awaits you in Medora.
There’s no organization quite like the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF). We’re a premiere tourism operation—and we’re a 501c(3) non-profit. We welcome hundreds of thousands of guests to an exciting, diverse lineup of entertainment, historical, and educational attractions—and we work tirelessly to connect people to Medora for positive life changing experiences.
TRMF was established in 1986—but our story begins before that. In 1962, nationally-renowned businessman Harold Schafer took an interest in a historic old town named Medora. He loved its history, its striking location, and its potential to inspire others. So he began revitalizing the old town: he restored a historic hotel, brought the Medora Musical to town, and so much more.
It was 1986 when the Schafer family, with Harold ready to retire from business, donated all they’d created in Medora to establish the non-profit Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
In the years since, we’ve grown from a staff of a handful of folks to more than 50 full-time employees, with hundreds more seasonal workers and over 650 volunteers. We’ve awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of scholarships to our staff. The Medora Musical has earned the attention of The New York Times. And we’ve earned a reputation as the #1 tourism and hospitality provider in North Dakota.
We are a team of people who draw inspiration from Medora. We deeply respect this place, and the people we meet here. We deliver excellence in hospitality. We work with creativity and integrity. We’re a family that values family.
We are the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
The Golf Course Player’s Assistant has a primary day-to-day responsibility to monitor and control pace of play for guests on the Golf Course. This position is responsible for ensuring guests have all necessary information to fully enjoy their golf experience. The Player’s Assistant works primarily on the green of the Golf Course, enforcing policies, monitoring equipment and reporting issues, tracking the pace of games, and ensuring all areas utilized by guests are clean and functional.
- Promote sales of TRMF events and services by providing all customers with complete information and showing enthusiasm for these offerings.
- Stay informed about Medora events and activities, attend weekly departmental informational meetings.
- Become familiar with the products and attractions and share knowledge with customers.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of concessions facilities and equipment.
- Interacts with guests in a courteous and professional manner and provides a positive experience.
- Provide directions and answer questions of golfers.
- Knowledgeable of course policies and enforces said policies to players on the course.
- Reports equipment, sprinkler, or golf cart malfunctions to maintenance and/or Pro Shop.
- Checks tee sheets periodically to ensure everyone on the course is on tee sheet.
- Patrols the golf course and maintains cleanliness of restrooms, ball washers, traps and parking lot.
- Participates in workplace safety training sessions.
- Be available to work shifts at the Medora Musical and other positions as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Provide consistent, excellent customer service.
- Reliable, on time, and ready for every shift.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Required Education and Experience:
- Previous Golf Course experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with golf terminology or show an aptitude to learn.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and create solutions if needed.
- Must give exceptional service with a smile to all guests.
- Must be fluent in English, bilingual a plus.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
This position is both an indoor and outdoor position. Indoor settings will be in a controlled, temperate environment while outside conditions may be in a hotter climate, especially at the Medora Musical.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk, hear, hand/eye coordination, stand, walk, have repetitive use of hands and arms, and grasp. Visual acuity to determine accuracy, details and transcribe data, determine neatness and thoroughness of work assigned, and determine safety of workplace surroundings for themselves and guests. Occasionally required to push, pull, stoop, bend, lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Saturday. Shifts vary based on business needs and the needs of the customer.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TRMF is located in the heart of the Badlands: Medora, North Dakota.It’s situated near the border separating North Dakota and Montana, along Interstate 94. Medora is the basecamp to Theodore Roosevelt National Park: 110 square miles of rugged beauty. You’re never more than a few minutes away from a night under the stars or a bike ride along the thrilling Maah Daah Hey Trail. In Medora, beauty and adventure abound.Our central hub of operations, the Life Skills Center, is a state-of-the-art campus, purpose-built for the glory of work and the joy of living. It features a dining room, a fitness center, as well as spaces for music, studying, learning, prayer, reflection, and socializing—all designed with our employees in mind.
- You have a passion for exploring beautiful places and meeting people from around the world.
- Competitive wages with great opportunities for overtime work
- Affordable company provided housing on-site
- Employee meals provided at low cost in employee dining room
- Explore Medora and its attractions free or at discounted costs. Including the Medora Musical, Bully Pulpit Golf Course, Trail Rides, Mini Golf, Retail Shops and more!