Spend a magical summer in the Badlands!
Ride horses for FREE! Play a round of mini golf for FREE! Enjoy the Medora musical for FREE!
- Medora, North Dakota
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Apr 29, 2024)
Join the greatest team in the west. Opportunity awaits you in Medora.
There’s no organization quite like the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF). We’re a premiere tourism operation—and we’re a 501c(3) non-profit. We welcome hundreds of thousands of guests to an exciting, diverse lineup of entertainment, historical, and educational attractions—and we work tirelessly to connect people to Medora for positive life changing experiences.
TRMF was established in 1986—but our story begins before that. In 1962, nationally-renowned businessman Harold Schafer took an interest in a historic old town named Medora. He loved its history, its striking location, and its potential to inspire others. So he began revitalizing the old town: he restored a historic hotel, brought the Medora Musical to town, and so much more.
It was 1986 when the Schafer family, with Harold ready to retire from business, donated all they’d created in Medora to establish the non-profit Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
In the years since, we’ve grown from a staff of a handful of folks to more than 50 full-time employees, with hundreds more seasonal workers and over 650 volunteers. We’ve awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of scholarships to our staff. The Medora Musical has earned the attention of The New York Times. And we’ve earned a reputation as the #1 tourism and hospitality provider in North Dakota.
We are a team of people who draw inspiration from Medora. We deeply respect this place, and the people we meet here. We deliver excellence in hospitality. We work with creativity and integrity. We’re a family that values family.
We are the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
Join the cleanest team in the Badlands! A housekeeper's job is more than flippin' beds and leaving fresh towels. The work a housekeeper does to leave a room spotless, welcoming and refreshing is crucial to the guest experience. Nothing sets the tone for a wonderful vacation better than arriving in the Badlands and stepping into a spotless room before you head out for a Medora adventure!
Summary: As a member of the housekeeping team, a Housekeeper will report to the Housekeeping Manager. A housekeeper will a have primary day-to-day responsibility of maintaining superior cleanliness in the hotel and motels.
- Performs general cleaning and sanitizing tasks and services throughout assigned property to trained standards.
- Assist in spring and fall cleaning of all TRMF housing and motel properties.
- Work in the laundry when scheduled.
- Uses cleaning cart to transport cleaning supplies.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and follows proper chemical use.
- Wipes and dusts surfaces in rooms and cleans mirrors.
- Vacuums and cleans floors, rugs, furniture, and drapes.
- Removes linens, towels, bedspreads, and blankets before new guest arrives in a timely fashion.
- Places and neatly tucks clean sheets and blankets on beds and replaces pillowcases.
- Stocks towels, washcloths, and hand towels in bathrooms.
- Picks up and empties trash containers.
- Assists in other housekeeping duties termed as side work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; to talk or hear, walk, and stand. The employee frequently is required to push, pull, and bend and have repetitive use of hands/arms. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned and determine safety of workplace surroundings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be able to work independently and in pairs.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Must be able to take directions.
- Must be physically able to lift 25-pound bags of laundry.
TRMF is located in the heart of the Badlands: Medora, North Dakota.
It’s situated near the border separating North Dakota and Montana, along Interstate 94. Medora is the basecamp to Theodore Roosevelt National Park: 110 square miles of rugged beauty. You’re never more than a few minutes away from a night under the stars or a bike ride along the thrilling Maah Daah Hey Trail. In Medora, beauty and adventure abound.
Our central hub of operations, the Life Skills Center, is a state-of-the-art campus, purpose-built for the glory of work and the joy of living. It features a dining room, a fitness center, as well as spaces for music, studying, learning, prayer, reflection, and socializing—all designed with our employees in mind.
- You have a passion for exploring beautiful places and meeting people from around the world.
- Competitive wages with great opportunities for overtime work
- Affordable company provided housing on-site
- Employee meals provided at low cost in employee dining room
- Explore Medora and its attractions free or at discounted costs. Including the Medora Musical, Bully Pulpit Golf Course, Trail Rides, Mini Golf, Retail Shops and more!