Experience the beauty of Medora as a Housing and Safety Coordinator!
Join the greatest team in the West. Opportunity awaits you in Medora!
- year round
- Medora, North Dakota
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Housing and Safety Coordinator will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
Under general direction, will oversee and administer seasonal and full-time employee housing property management. The Housing and Safety Coordinator ensures timely processing of workers’ compensation claims; evaluates accident reports to determine accuracy and completeness and to ensure adequate investigation; ensures that TRMF is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; develops and provides safety training and guidance to all departments.
- Places Seasonal Employees in appropriate housing for the summer operating season. Works closely with Housekeeping, Resident Assistant and Security on maintaining cleanliness of the properties and enforcing quiet hours.
- Presenting the community and lifestyle of our apartment building, multi-family and single-family homes to prospective and current residents. Be responsible for all aspects including, but not limited to, pre-qualifying, touring, application, lease execution, unit-walk, and move-in process.
- Fielding and resolving resident issues to ensure resident satisfaction through all interactions.
- Preparing new and renewal leases.
- Maximize resident retention, executing lease renewals; coordinate move in and move out inspections.
- Process move-outs and security deposit refunds/forfeitures if needed.
- Coordinate maintenance requests with TRMF maintenance department.
Workers’ Compensation/ Health & Safety
- Reviews accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident; advises departments of trends in injuries and proper safety procedures that may result in reduction of injuries; provides department with information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
- Trains staff in the proper procedures and forms to be utilized in workers’ compensation matters and the preparation of reports, notices of absence, and notices of return to work.
- Attends seminars, conducts research and maintains liaison with individuals in the medical community and health care fields to keep abreast of current health and safety trends.
- Administers all wellness programs in the organization.
- Promotes wellness and fitness initiatives in the organization; answers question and collects feedback from participants.
- Collaborates with HR staff to identify cost-effective wellness programs and incentives.
- Assist with designing, planning, and implementing classes, speakers, seminars, personal training, and voluntary fitness assessment to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Promotes the employee assistance program (EAP).
- Drafts and maintains accurate, confidential records and reports as required to track and assess employee participation, program incentives, costs, and benefits to TRMF.
- Assists in drafting reports and proposals for wellness initiatives and action plans for presentation to upper management.
- Assists with preparation and implementation of wellness budget, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluates accident reports, ensuring the timely processing of medical bills and temporary total disability benefits, reviews medical reports, witness statements, department investigation results and other documentation. Compiles facts and data regarding accident reports and filed cases.
- Maintains subrogation records and files for those incidents involving third parties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicant and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department, to include, but limited to, scheduling interviews, processing background checks, maintaining employee transportation/shuttle schedule, maintaining seasonal employee housing room assignments and check-in procedures.
- Conducts or assists with new hire onboarding process.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain facts that ensure that claims information is complete and accurate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) systems.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, associate degree in related field preferred.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
This position is in an office environment. Evenings, weekends and holidays required from April through October.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. at times.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Please complete application with resume attached on company website.