Expand Your Skills And Make Lasting Connections
Basecamp to Theodore Roosevelt National Park and the Badlands
- year round
- Medora, North Dakota
- $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF) is searching for a skilled and experienced High Volume Recruiter to identify large volumes of qualified candidates to fill a variety of open positions. Your primary responsibilities will include talent acquisition on all levels, and associated processes for the TRMF to ensure our talent pipeline aligns with our company intention, purpose, and strategies. The primary focus is on the day-to-day recruiting and administration of the applicant tracking system (ATS). The position is also involved is staff planning, reporting, compliance, training, HRIS administration, community involvement and outreach. Acts as a resources for leadership, employees, and within the Human Resources Department where needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
75% Recruiting and Talent Acquisition
- Develop and execute effective recruitment strategies that will help streamline our mass hiring process and ensure that open positions are filled with top-performers within the proposed deadlines.
- Working with Hiring Managers to identify number of positions needed, position requirements, create job postings, and assist with onboarding new employee
- Track recruitment metrics, such as time-to-hire, cost-per-hire, and new hirer turnover rate, and put together weekly reports for Hiring Managers.
- Interacts with hiring managers and supervisor regarding a recruitment strategy to ensure a complete understanding of their needs to find a suitable match for their open positions
- Coordinates full-cycle recruiting process to include developing and reviewing job descriptions, preparing employment advertisements and place them in an appropriate distribution channel to attract best applicant pool; Conduct interviews with candidates to assess qualifications for the job and fit; further, initiates employment offers.
- Perform in depth sourcing of candidates by utilizing various recruitment channels such as job postings, social media, professional networks ,networking events and job fairs
- Plan interview selection procedures, including phone screens, and video or in-person interviews.
- Strategically and proactively build a candidate pipeline for future hiring needs
- Participate and assist in employer branding initiatives
- Identifies and represents TRMF at events to market the company and our opportunities.
- Responsible for reporting functions within the ATS to determine previous workflow and sourcing
- Foster relationships with past applicants and potential candidates
- Understand the urgency of filing positions with quality hires
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Lead the whole candidate experience to ensure that the sourcing, recruiting, reference checks, offer, onboarding, and communication processes run smoothly contributing to a positive candidate experience.
- Conduct reference checks and background checks on potential employees
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and best practices in recruitment and make recommendations for improvements to the recruitment process.
- Foster relationship with international hiring agencies for hiring individuals on the H2b Visa Program and the Work and Travel Program (J1)
- Conduct interviews with international applicants to identify positions they are qualified for and describe the visa process to candidate
- Work with agencies to follow Department of Labor and Department of State regulations to ensure compliance with laws for hiring international workers
- Ensure timely filing of documents with agency to ensure Visa status of employees remains valid and eligible for work
- Work with Visa candidates to ensure communication and understanding of the filing process
- Keep records and documentation accurate for international hiring process
- Performs other duties as assigned.
25% Human Resources Generalist
- Assists with implementing new hire orientation and employee recognitions programs.
- Assists with employee engagement events for seasonal and full time employees (i.e. Employee Talent Show, International Night, Full Time Holiday Celebrations)
- Work with candidates and newly hired seasonal employees to identify housing needs for the summer season
- Work with TRMF leadership and supervisor to identify housing needs for seasonal employees and ensure housing is available
- Facilitate the TRMF scholarship and ambassador program, from nomination to selection process, with managers and TRMF Leadership
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limed to compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety;
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
- May assist with the constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
This position operates in a professional office environment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Must be able to work 55 hours each week from April through October and available for evenings, weekends, and holidays as required. Able to Travel as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal , negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience using job boards, social media, etc. to source candidates.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Ability to easily shift recruitment direction and priorities based on the ever-changing critical business needs.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least three years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- Must have knowledge and use of applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- At least one year of human resources management experience preferred.
- At least one year of hospitality experience preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) a plus.
- Experience with H2B and J1 visa program preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.