Work with Us ~ Explore with Us
The allure of the Badlands near Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- Medora, North Dakota
- $13.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 5 months. (Apr 24, 2023)
Administrative Assistant - Volunteer Programs
The Summer Seasonal Administrative Assistant for the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF) works at the direction of and in coordination with the Director of Volunteer Programs to assist in recruiting training, and placement of volunteers. Coordinates and staffs special events and assists in all other aspects of the Volunteer Program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Volunteer Support – provides support and assistance to the volunteers in the form of equipment, supplies and materials, direction and problem-solving as they perform their duties out in the various TRMF venues.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Director of Volunteer Programs that support the day-to-day planning and operations of the Volunteer Program.
- Assists the Director of Volunteer Programs in preparing and managing the volunteer application process. The range of duties may include:
- Update the website information and online forms and processes used
- Select volunteers
- Complete the notification and acceptance process for confirming volunteer and finalize the databases pertaining to each session
- Prepare materials that provide volunteers the needed information for coming to Medora
- Supports the maintenance and updating of TRMF’s volunteer database
- Communicates with the Director of Volunteer Programs to assist in tracking potential/interested volunteers for future sessions.
- Operational -
- Assist the Director of Volunteer Programs in defining the duties and expectations for all venues supported by volunteers and assists in training the volunteers for those duties.
- Collaborate with the Director of Volunteer Programs in building master schedules for each session.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise for the volunteers at the venues or with staff and report these effectively and accurately to the Director of Volunteer Programs.
- Provide input and assistance to the Director of Volunteer Programs to ensure volunteer safety is a priority in all of the environments in which they work and stay during their time in Medora.
- Assist Director of Volunteer of Programs in the weekly wrap-up meetings and ensures all supplies and material are prepared.
- Maintains an up-to-date database of volunteer evaluations and provides reports as requested.
- Prepares all orientation packet materials
- Sends “thank you” cards to volunteers at the end of each session. Maintain the database with this information.
- Coordinates with the Director of Volunteer Programs to revise and update all documents that describe and support the volunteer program such as the Volunteer Handbook, job descriptions and general Medora information.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to take on tasks and/or problem-solve.
- Effective time management skills
- Able to adapt to change and be flexible in planning and expectations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of tourism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as needed around volunteers, TRMF, Guests and Staff.
- A flexible schedule to meet the demands of TRMF seasonal operations; including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Education and Experience:
- Two years of relevant experience as an Administrative Assistant or experience in Volunteer Management preferred
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and fundraising preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Working outdoors in varied conditions
- Frequent walking, standing, lifting, bending, and using stairs
- Repetitive use of hand and arms