Join us this summer in the beautiful North Dakota Badlands!
Bully Pulpit Golf Course carved right into the North Dakota Badlands
- Medora, North Dakota
- $15.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
There’s no organization quite like the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF). We’re a premiere tourism operation—and we’re a 501c(3) non-profit. We welcome hundreds of thousands of guests to an exciting, diverse lineup of entertainment, historical, and educational attractions—and we work tirelessly to connect people to Medora for positive life changing experiences.
TRMF was established in 1986—but our story begins before that. In 1962, nationally-renowned businessman Harold Schafer took an interest in a historic old town named Medora. He loved its history, its striking location, and its potential to inspire others. So he began revitalizing the old town: he restored a historic hotel, brought the Medora Musical to town, and so much more.
It was 1986 when the Schafer family, with Harold ready to retire from business, donated all they’d created in Medora to establish the non-profit Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
In the years since, we’ve grown from a staff of a handful of folks to more than 50 full-time employees, with hundreds more seasonal workers and over 650 volunteers. We’ve awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of scholarships to our staff. The Medora Musical has earned the attention of The New York Times. And we’ve earned a reputation as the #1 tourism and hospitality provider in North Dakota.
We are a team of people who draw inspiration from Medora. We deeply respect this place, and the people we meet here. We deliver excellence in hospitality. We work with creativity and integrity. We’re a family that values family.
We are the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
Bully Pulpit Golf Course is seeking Grounds Crew Members who will have the primary responsibility to preform landscaping tasks using power equipment and hand tools to assist in golf course turf maintenance, course setup and irrigation.
- Operates a variety of maintenance equipment (shovels, rakes, etc.) and power equipment and other vehicles (tractors, mowers, chainsaws, etc.) to complete various assignments
- Excavates and backfills ditches and trenches, pland and cultivate lawns, turfs or gardens based on landscaping designs and cut and trim golf course greens, fairways, trees, weeds, brush, tees and roughs.
- Prepare and apply fertilizers, herbicides and other chemicals as needed
- Maintains cleanliness of all golf course equipment and participates in daily setup for play as well as performing regular and seasonal maintenance checks on irrigations systems.
TRMF is located in the heart of the Badlands: Medora, North Dakota.
It’s situated near the border separating North Dakota and Montana, along Interstate 94. Medora is the basecamp to Theodore Roosevelt National Park: 110 square miles of rugged beauty. You’re never more than a few minutes away from a night under the stars or a bike ride along the thrilling Maah Daah Hey Trail. In Medora, beauty and adventure abound.
Our central hub of operations, the Life Skills Center, is a state-of-the-art campus, purpose-built for the glory of work and the joy of living. It features a dining room, a fitness center, as well as spaces for music, studying, learning, prayer, reflection, and socializing—all designed with our employees in mind.
- Has interest in the game of golf and caring for a prestigious course in the beautiful Badlands
- You have a passion for exploring beautiful places and meeting people from around the world.
- Competitive wages with great opportunities for overtime work
- Affordable company provided housing on-site
- Employee meals provided at low cost in employee dining room
- Explore Medora and its attractions free or at discounted costs. Including the Medora Musical, Bully Pulpit Golf Course, Trail Rides, Mini Golf, Retail Shops and more!
Learn more at www.medora.com/employment