Work and Live in Vail, CO! Starting at $21.50 per hour w/end-of-season bonus*
What to know a secret? People come to Vail for the winter but stay for our gorgeous summers!
- $21.50 - $24.45 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (May 08, 2023)
Town of Vail is Now Hiring Grounds Maintenance & Mow Crew Members for the 2023 Summer Season!
Season Commitment Dates: May 8th, 2023 - October 13th, 2023
Starting at $21.50 per hour w/end-of-season bonus*
Employee Housing is Available on a Limited Basis - Apply Today!
The Town of Vail is now hiring an experienced landscapers to join the summer grounds maintenance crew. This positions overall responsibility is to ensure the parks and open spaces are well maintained throughout the summer. We are seeking a crew member who is willing to work hard and has previous experience. Crew members may be designated to one specific crew and/or depending on skill set may be assigned to float between all landscaping crews and work as needed.
Job duties will include:
- Perform digging & shovel work.
- Assist with spring cleanup including raking, sweeping, trash removal, fertilization.
- Maintenance of Town of Vail parks and open space properties including, general maintenance and care of park landscapes, gardens, lawns, grounds, etc.
- Operates all grounds maintenance equipment; riding mowers, hand mowers and utility vehicles.
- May be assigned to other specific functions within the Public Works Department.
Dates: May 8th, 2023 - October 13th, 2023
Schedule: Monday - Thursday. 7am - 5:30pm
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Good customer service skills.
- Conversational English speaking skills.
- Position requires heavy lifting, standing, bending, and kneeling for up to 10 hours a day.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
All positions have exposure to outdoors in all weather conditions and all types of equipment noise, traffic, dust, chemicals and fumes.
Must be able to work any shift including holidays and weekends.
When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees’ strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail’s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let’s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home! To find out more about our community, please visit our website www.vailgov.com and click on Vail Information.
As seasonal employee we encourage our employees to enjoy the local outdoor activities that brought you here! Summer employees will be provided with a Golf Pass, Eco Bus Pass and Library Card. Additional benefits may include end of season/returning bonuses & employee housing.
We believe diversity makes us stronger!
Town of Vail is an equal opportunity employer.