Seasonal Carpenters wanted for Summer Jobs in Vail! $21.50-$34.45/hour + Employee Housing Available
Vail in the Summer - An Outdoor Enthusiast's Dream Come True!
- $21.50 - $34.45 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (May 08, 2023)
Town of Vail is Now Hiring Carpenters for the 2023 Summer Season!
Season Commitment Dates: May 8th, 2023 - October 13th, 2023
Starting at $21.50 per hour w/end-of-season bonus
Employee Housing is Available on a Limited Basis - Apply Today!
The Town of Vail is now hiring seasonal carpenters for the summer season. This position will assist Town of Vail carpenters in performing carpentry related repairs, maintenance and construction to Town of Vail facilities.
The carpentry maintenance worker duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with carpentry repair and maintenance for all Town of Vail departments. Items include: benches, furniture, planters, signs and installation, cabinets, playground structures, and building components.
- Assists with new project construction. Projects in include: building additions or remodels, bus shelter construction, playground construction and new signage.
- Prepares, paints, stains and/or oils all types of surfaces and structures.
- Cleans carpenter shop and other areas as required.
- Performs minor building maintenance such as, routine plumbing, electrical and other related maintenance activities.
- Responds to guest's questions, concerns, and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
- Responsible for complying with Town of Vail safety and health policies, practices and procedures that prevent and mitigate human economic losses arising from accidental causes and adverse occupational and environmental health exposures.
- Performs other duties as directed.
This position may be assigned to any functional area in Public Works as needed on a daily basis and may have exposure to outdoors in all weather conditions and all types of equipment noise, traffic, dust, chemicals and fumes. Stooping, standing, kneeling and lifting is required the entire shift.
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants should have previous carpentry experience.
In addition they must meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One to two years carpenter or maintenance work experience.
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Working knowledge of construction procedures, tools, materials and requirements.
- General painting experience.
- Ability to do minor building maintenance.
- Able to work independently and problem solve.
- Ability to read, understand and work from blueprints.
- General knowledge of the Uniform Building Code.
- CPR/First Aid certified.
- Basic computer skills
When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees’ strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail’s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let’s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home!
Part-time / Seasonal Benefits
As a Part-time or Seasonal employee, we encourage our employees to enjoy the local outdoor activities that brought you here! Summer employees will be provided with a golf pass and tennis facilities. Additional benefits may include end of season/returning bonuses & employee housing (limited availability).