Live and Work in Vail as a Parking Specialist - $21.85 - $25.13 / hour!
THE Premier International Mountain Resort Community
- year round
- $21.85 - $25.13 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Now Hiring! - Parking Specialist
Expected Hiring Range: $21.85 - $25.13 per hour
Full Salary Range: $21.85 - $28.41
The Town of Vail is now hiring a Parking Specialist to join the Town of Vail Parking Team. The Parking Specialist is responsible for revenue collection, world class customer service, and basic maintenance of parking structures and equipment. This specialist focuses on a specific area of the parking department such as hosting, technician, parking enforcement, and/or booth operations. The specialist will work with the supervisor group to identify projects and lead the parking attendant group in these projects. It will be their responsibility to oversee the completion of these projects and ensure the quality of work.
Parking Specialist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collect parking fees and enforce parking policies.
- Answer any questions that the guests may have about parking or getting around Vail.
- Address guest complaints and inquires while offering valuable information, solutions where possible, and great customer service. Elevate and/or report the situation to a supervisor when necessary.
- Monitors all radio traffic, communicating with appropriate personal when necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of booth, equipment, and structures.
- Monitor and address structures and lots for safety issues.
- Aid in upkeep of facilities such as cleaning, painting, and general maintenance.
- Assist in lot transition from season to season.
- Monitor drive lanes for snow and ice buildup, addressing safety issues.
- Shovel and throw cinders/ice melt as necessary to maintain a safe work environment and access for guests.
- Monitor the lots so that guests park appropriately. Report and issues to parking enforcement, especially if it is a safety concern.
- Assists guests with finding lost cars or personal items.
- Work with team to maintain traffic flow during high occupancy events.
- Monitor entrances to help guests way find and access parking safely.
- Assist with changing signs to provide good information to guests.
- Help maintain accurate parking counts, and road counts.
- Work with leadership group to identify areas for improvement in day-to-day and long-term operations.
- Lead and ensure tasks within their specialty are completed to high standards.
- Work with leadership group to assign projects and tasks to parking attendant group. Help to set expectations, assist in project completion, and offer guidance.
- Knowledge and ability to handle issues in their specialty at a lead or supervisory level.
- Performs supervisory duties when supervisors are off duty, such as but not limited to, auditing cashiers/machines and handling guest complaints, and delegating tasks.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities for this job. The duties, expectations and actions listed for this role may change at any time with or without notice.