Live and work in Vail this Winter!
Live, Work and Play in the mountains!
- $16.50 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 02, 2020)
The Town of Vail is seeking a Maintenance Worker II to join the public works department for winter 20/21. This position is responsible for collecting & maintaining trash receptacles, winter snow removal, park cleanliness, upkeep of facilities, and street maintenance operations. While the duties will vary depending on the season, providing guest service throughout the Town of Vail is always a priority.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain trash/recycle containers, pet pickup stations and call in trash/recycle dumpsters when full.
- Maintain the cleanness of Vail Village, LH Mall, & Bus Routes and stops.
- Perform all snow maintenance including snow shoveling, snow plowing/sanding/hauling.
- Work call-out, overtime, special events, holidays/shift/schedule changes, and 24hr Emergency Response.
- Assist with Special Events including installation /removal of banners.
- Traffic control flagger.
- Special projects such as removal of stickers and graffiti, holiday decorating and more.
- Operate small equipment and various tools.
- Pickup/ Drop off library books.
- Perform vehicle maintenance includes tire chains rebuilding, greasing equipment, cutting edges, and all other types of minor repairs.
- Serve the citizens and guests of the Town of Vail by abiding by all Town of Vail core values.
- Perform job in accordance with all Town of Vail safety practices.
- Follow environmentally-friendly practices.
- Attend training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply