TELLURIDE/MOUNTAIN VILLAGE-A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, WORK & VISIT! San Juan Mountains of Southwest, CO
Located in beautiful Southwest Colorado!
- Telluride, Colorado
- $20.00 - $27.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Nov 19, 2023)
Job Title: Seasonal Plaza Maintenance Specialist
Salary Grade: 5 Min $20.00, Mid $23.50, Max $27.00
Hiring Range: $20.00
**End of Season Bonus
***Season dates: 11/19/2023 - 4/7/2024
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
NATURE OF WORK:
Under direct supervision will inspect, sanitize and clean gondola dining cabins in the Mountain Village plazas to ensure safe, secure and courteous service to guests. Performs general clean-up and semi-skilled light labor, maintenance, and grounds keeping work for the Town of Mountain Village in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of basic grounds keeping activities including maintaining lawns and gardens, cleaning trash and debris, and weeding and deadheading flower beds. Inspects landscape areas and brings issues to the attention of a supervisor.
- Participates in maintaining grounds and common areas including snow and ice removal, sweeping public areas, cleaning ash trays, and removing debris from public places and environment, empties public trash and recycling receptacles.
- Assembles, installs, and removes holiday decorations.
Summer & Winter Seasons
- Removes trash, personal items and any other items from dining cabins and plaza grounds.
- Conducts general clean up of trash and debris; Collects and removes trash and recycling from receptacles in public areas.
- Monitors and re-stocks sanitization stations with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Keeps a daily log and checklist of items needing maintenance and/or repair.
- Performs all tasks in a friendly and professional manner at all times, assists and provides information to residents and guests, subcontractors and merchants with utmost attention to quality customer service.
- Operates a variety of vehicles and light duty equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair.
- Monitors public restrooms and public trash rooms for cleanliness and reports issues to supervisor.
- Installs and removes bike racks, ski racks, and other seasonal infrastructure.
- Assists with minor maintenance activities including painting, oiling, staining and waterproofing of public benches, light posts, signage, fences, and trash cans when necessary.
- Performs duties with attention to minimizing impacts to the environment at all times.
- Recognizes, practices, and enforces appropriate safety rules and procedures when performing any and all tasks associated with this position.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must be 16 years of age or older. Experience cleaning, gardening, use of common hand tools used in landscaping and snow removal, experience in parks/ grounds maintenance preferred. General computer skills working with email.
Possession of a valid Colorado State Driver’s License is preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of: Methods, materials and equipment used in grounds keeping maintenance; state and town safety rules and regulations, including drug and alcohol testing guidelines; occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Skill in: Inspecting, sanitizing and cleaning gondola cabins in compliance with all policies and procedures, state and local regulations; reacting quickly to situations that could create safety and customer security problems; using courtesy and respect in providing excellent customer service to guests; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with employees and general public. Safe and efficient operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment according to standard operating and safety procedures; use of gardening and grounds keeping tools and equipment; effective verbal and written communication; basic computer skills including Word, Excel, Internet, & Microsoft Outlook.
Work is performed primarily in outdoor environments with exposure to extreme weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will perform manual labor, stand and walk for extended periods of time, and lift and/or move items weighing up to 100 pounds.
Expectations of All Employees:
To support consistent high-quality guest service to everyone in our community, including our co-workers, making Mountain Village a great place to live, work and visit.