TELLURIDE/MOUNTAIN VILLAGE-A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, WORK & VISIT! San Juan Mountains of Southwest, CO
Located in beautiful Southwest Colorado at the base of Telluride Ski and Golf.
- year round
- Telluride, Colorado
- $27.79 - $32.66 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Job Title: Gondola Maintenance – Lift Maintenance Electrician (LME) Level I
Salary Grade: 9 (Min $27.79, Mid $32.66)
NATURE OF WORK:
Under direct technical guidance and supervision, performs preventive and routine maintenance duties and repairs of Gondola equipment and components in accordance with department policies & procedures, and state & Federal regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily and monthly inspections on all Gondola equipment, components, terminals and facilities in accordance with manufacturer specifications; carries out responsibilities in accordance with Transit Department policies & procedures, and state and Federal regulations; assures safe and reliable Gondola services are provided to employees, guests, and residents of the community.
- Performs basic cleaning and maintenance of equipment within scope of authority; cleans cabins and facilities; replaces and adjusts grips, belts, lights and pulleys; troubleshoots present and potential mechanical problems; replaces mechanical parts and components as necessary.
- Performs special maintenance duties and repairs of Gondola equipment and components as assigned; troubleshoots and repairs worn and damaged electrical, mechanical, control, and safety systems and components; responds to emergency situations and breakdowns, and performs critical repairs as needed.
- Basic understanding of ANSI B77.1-2017 and CPTSB Rules and Regulations.
- Assists other mechanics and technicians as needed.
- Promotes and observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment; secures work sites as necessary; may attend safety committee meetings, actively participates in and may conduct tailgate trainings
- Follow LME Training Procedure program
- Additional duties as assigned
- Troubleshoot, repair, and program PLC’s – AB 504’s, Control Logix, RS Logix and Pilz; maintain DC and AC electric motors; troubleshoot and repair 24vdc control systems and current loops; VFD’s from 7.5hp to 500hp; maintain all aspects of a complex lift electrical system with a mindful eye toward innovation; program HMI’s – RS View
- Read, edit, and draw electrical schematics
- High school diploma / GED, plus at least one year of lift operations experience, general mechanic and/or electrical experience and/or technical training in related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Obtain or have access to tools needed to perform standard maintenance.
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Able to work unscheduled overtime as needed
Possession of a valid Colorado State Driver’s License is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of: Public transit equipment maintenance practices; safety rules and regulations; general mechanical and electrical principles and applications; department policies and procedures; hand tools, hydraulic equipment, power tools, pneumatic tools, rigging equipment used in equipment maintenance; lift tools, hoists, and lubricants.
Skill in: Prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands; recognizing and troubleshooting problems with equipment and components; adapting parts and tools to specific repairs; identifying safety problems; performing preventive maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment and operating systems; using hand tools, power tools, and repair equipment; effective verbal and written communication; establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers. Ability to perform work with minimal supervision and work effectively under pressure.
Level I EXPERIENCE
First of three levels of LME. Refer to “NDT Certification Training Book” and/or have a minimum of 1year experience working directly with mechanical/electrical equipment.
Requires mechanical aptitude.
- Must tolerate extreme weather conditions (snow, cold, wind, etc.)
- Must walk on uneven terrain
- Must lift 75 lbs. at various heights and/or uneven terrain.
Physical Factors: While performing the duties of this job, employees are exposed to moving mechanical parts, ladder climbing, electrical hazards, and dangerous tools and equipment. Must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 10-hour work shift.
Expectations of All Employees:
To support consistent high-quality guest service to everyone in our community, including our co-workers, making Mountain Village a great place to live, work and visit.
How to Apply
To view the full job description and benefits please visit our Careers page.