TELLURIDE/MOUNTAIN VILLAGE-A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, WORK & VISIT! San Juan Mountains of Southwest, CO
Located in beautiful Southwest Colorado!
- Telluride, Colorado
- $20.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 19, 2023)
Job Title: Gondola & Transit Operator I
Salary Grade: (Min $20.00)
NATURE OF WORK: Under direct supervision, operates the Gondola and Municipal Bus Service for the Town of Mountain Village and provides safe, secure, and courteous transportation services to passengers.
This is a seasonal position. The anticipated summer season dates are May 19, 2023 to October 15, 2023. Seasonal employees who work the entire season are eligible for a $1 per hour worked end of season bonus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates Gondola and monitors operations in accordance with specific instructions, department policies and procedures and safety and service standards; provides safe, secure, comfortable services to users of the Gondola system; assists guests with cabin access, baggage, equipment and local information; maintains orderly passenger traffic conditions in and around terminals.
- Performs daily inspection of equipment, reports any operational problems to the supervisor in a timely manner, and completes daily reports as required; assures that Gondola vehicles are operated in accordance with established protocols and schedules; assists with other transit operations as directed.
- Continuously inspects, cleans and maintains Gondola cabins, stations, and facilities; assists maintenance staff as needed; loads and unloads skis, snowboards, bicycles, and child-carriers as necessary.
- Removes trash, personal items, and blankets from cabins, buses, bus stops, parking areas et cetera while utilizing the proper personal protective equipment and following appropriate Transit procedures.
- Operates a rubber-tired 14 passenger or smaller transport shuttle vehicle transporting the public and/or employees; drives transport shuttle routes as needed; transports public and/or employees in inclement weather; performs daily vehicle checks; reports any unsafe conditions with vehicle; wears seat belts when operating any town vehicle
- Promote and observe safe work methods and use safety equipment; secure work sites as necessary; may attend safety committee meetings, actively participate in and may conduct trainings
- Reinforces the Town’s commitment to the environment by responsible use of electricity, natural gas, fuel, paper, water, and chemicals.
- Gondola operators represent the Town even when off duty and especially when using Town Property or Transit Facilities. Whether on or off duty, Gondola operators should take care to behave in a way that would not cause damage to Town Property, negatively impact Transit operations, and not cause embarrassment for themselves or the Town, their employer.
- All other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED. Must be 18 years old or older. Prior experience is not required. This is an entry level position. The Gondola Operator/Transit Operator I will be trained in the skills necessary to perform the job. All relevant experience will be considered.
Possession of a valid driver’s License is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of: Upon training, will have knowledge of Gondola operations, regulations and safety procedures; Gondola operation standards and rules; Federal, state and regional public transit regulations and safety standards; radio and telephone communications protocols; Town policies and procedures; safe operation of shuttle vehicles.
Skill in: Operating the Gondola and Bus in a safe manner, in compliance with all policies and procedures, and state and local regulations; react quickly to situations that could create safety and customer security problems; using courtesy and respect in providing excellent customer service to guests; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with employees and the general public.
Work is performed outdoors in variable weather conditions. Operators come into contact with highly used public cabins, public spaces, and multiple use blankets on a regular basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to continuously stand and walk while on duty and may lift/move up to 40 lbs. Employees operate/drive Transit vehicles.
Expectations of All Employees:
To support consistent high-quality guest service to everyone in our community, including our co-workers, making Mountain Village a great place to live, work and visit.
How to Apply
To view the job description and/or apply please follow the link below to our Careers page.