Located at 9,545 feet in southwest Colorado, just a stone’s throw from Telluride.
TELLURIDE/MOUNTAIN VILLAGE -A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, WORK & VISIT! San Juan Mountains of Southwest CO.
- Telluride, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 26, 2022)
Job Title: Plaza Maintenance Specialist-Summer Seasonal
Salary Grade: 5 Min $18.00
This is a seasonal position. The anticipated summer season dates are May 26, 2022 to October 16, 2022. End of season bonus!. Housing may be available.
NATURE OF WORK:
Under general supervision will inspect, sanitize and clean gondola dining cabins in the Mountain Village plazas to ensure safe, secure and courteous service to guests. Performs general and semi-skilled labor, maintenance, and grounds keeping work for the Town of Mountain Village in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously inspects, disinfects, cleans and maintains gondola dining cabins and plaza grounds.
- Removes trash, personal items and any other items from dining cabins and plaza grounds.
- Conducts general clean up of trash and debris; Collects and removes trash and recycling from receptacles in public areas.
- Monitors and re-stocks sanitization stations with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Keeps a daily log and checklist of items needing maintenance and/or repair.
- Performs all tasks in a friendly and professional manner at all times, assists and provides information to residents and guests, subcontractors and merchants with utmost attention to quality customer service.
- Performs a variety of basic grounds keeping activities including maintaining lawns and gardens, cleaning trash and debris, and weeding and deadheading flower beds. Inspects landscape areas and brings issues to the attention of a supervisor.
- Operates a variety of vehicles and light duty equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair.
- Assists with minor maintenance activities including painting, oiling, staining and waterproofing of public benches, light posts, signage, fences, and trash cans when necessary.
- Monitors public restrooms and public trash rooms for cleanliness and reports issues to supervisor.
- Installs and removes bike racks, ski racks, and other seasonal infrastructure.
- Recognizes, practices, and enforces appropriate safety rules and procedures when performing any and all tasks associated with this position.
- Performs duties with attention to minimizing impacts to the environment at all times.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must be 16 years of age or older. Experience cleaning, gardening, use of common hand tools used in landscaping and snow removal, experience in parks/ grounds maintenance preferred. General computer skills working with email and time tracking software.
Applicants will be required to undergo drug testing prior to employment and will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Possession of a valid Colorado State Driver’s License is preferred but not required.
A driving records search will be conducted on all applicants prior to employment and the applicant’s driving record will be subject to observation throughout their employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of: Methods, materials and equipment used in grounds keeping maintenance;; state and town safety rules and regulations, including drug and alcohol testing guidelines; occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Skill in: Inspecting, sanitizing and cleaning gondola cabins in compliance with all policies and procedures, state and local regulations; reacting quickly to situations that could create safety and customer security problems; using courtesy and respect in providing excellent customer service to guests; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with employees and general public. Safe and efficient operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment according to standard operating and safety procedures; use of gardening and grounds keeping tools and equipment; effective verbal and written communication; basic computer skills including Word, Excel, Internet, & Microsoft Outlook.
Work is performed primarily in outdoor environments with exposure to extreme weather conditions, machinery with moving parts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will perform manual labor, stand and walk for extended periods of time, and lift and/or move items weighing up to 100 pounds.
Expectations of All Employees:
To support consistent high-quality guest service to everyone in our community, including our co-workers, making Mountain Village a great place to live, work and visit.