Telluride/Mountain Village - A great place to live, work & visit!
San Juan Mountains of Southwest Colorado
- Mountain Village, Colorado 81435
- $21.98 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 10, 2020)
Living and working at the base of the Telluride Ski Resort provides many unique opportunities.
The Full Time, Year-Round Gondola Night Shift Supervisor position is available beginning May 2020 and comes with a generous benefits package!
Gondola Supervisor (Night Shift)
The Gondola Supervisor coordinates and supervises the day-to-day Gondola operations staff and services for an assigned shift and ensures safe and efficient operations.
As soon as you arrive you are welcomed by the team, the community and feel as if you are surrounded by good friends.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $21.98/hour plus $30 late-night bonus (for nights when scheduled to work past 1:00 AM)
- Four-day work weeks
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Colorado Public Employee’s Retirement Association (PERA) retirement benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Commuter shuttles may be available for $2 a ride to/from Montrose, Norwood, and Cortez
- Season Ski Pass (valued at $2,250 - winter season only)
- Four-day work week
- Sundays – Thursdays: 2:45 PM – 12:45 AM
- Fridays, Saturdays, and Special Events: 3:45 PM – 2:45 AM
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Previous lift/gondola operations experience not required but preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds (bikes, strollers, snowboards, skis...)
- Pre-employment DOT drug testing
- Pre-employment background and MVR record check
- Transitional employee housing may be available - the living situation is a fully furnished shared 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom Village Court Apartment.
- Full-Time, Year-Round employees are placed at the top of the waiting list for their own private apartment unit at the Village Court Apartments.
- Contact Hiring Manager, Lory Britt, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 729-3410 for additional information.
Other Housing Options
- Village Court Apartments in Mountain Village: a five-minute walk from the gondola, chairlift, grocery store, Nordic skiing/ biking/ hiking trails. Offers studio, one, two, and three-bedroom rentals. Minimal dog rental units are available.
- Big Billie's (summer season only) in Mountain Village: For more information, contact email@example.com 970-728-7470.
- Telluride Daily Planet: The classifieds are a great place to look for house/apartment rentals as well as "roommates wanted".
- The San Miguel Regional Housing Authority provides assistance in finding affordable housing to fit your needs.
- Telluride Sweet Deals on Facebook.
- The 13-minute (3 miles) gondola ride connects the two towns of Mountain Village and Telluride
- The gondola cabins can transport 900 people per hour between two towns. It would take 18 fifty passenger buses to drive the 8-mile trip resulting in more people on the road and more pollutants in the air.
- Every 2nd cabin allows pets; there are wheelchair accessible cabins in addition to summer bike racks and winter ski/snowboard racks
- A gondola cabins travel about 11 mph at full speed
- The longest section of the gondola has a vertical rise of 1,778 feet and is over 5,750 feet long.
- The highest station is Station St. Sophia at an elevation of 10,500 feet above sea level.
Living and working at 9,545 feet provides many recreational opportunities: the opportunities are limitless!
- Back-country huts: provides back-country hut to hut skiing, biking, and hiking.
- Biking: Experience the NEW BIKE PARK for beginners and never-evers to experts.
- Bouldering The Adventure Rock in Mountain Village Center is FREE to climb with routes for the novice to the expert climber.
- Climb a 14'er! The rugged San Juan Mountains have thirteen peaks over 14,000 feet. The Mountain Village hiking/biking map will help navigate through many of the Mountain Village high alpine routes.
- Disc golf: we invite you to challenge your skills on our FREE par three, 18 hole disc golf course.
- Fishing World-class fishing adventures for everyone from the Dolores and Uncompahgre Rivers to the easily accessible San Miguel River.
- Golf: At 9500 feet, keeping your eye on the ball and off the towering peaks may be one of your biggest challenges. This par 70, 6,574 yard, 18 hole golf course is surrounded by the highest concentration of 14,000-foot peaks in North America.
Summer festivals include:
- FREE Wednesday summer concert series in Mountain Village and Friday
- Annual music festivals: Bluegrass, Jazz, Chamber, Americana, Blues & Brews, and The Ride
- Telluride Film and Mountain Film Festivals
- Balloon Festival
- Wine Festival
- Hardrock 100 & Imogene Pass Runs
- Mountains-to-the-Desert Bike Ride
- Arts: Plein Air
- Mushroom Festival
- Yoga Festival
Neighboring parks include:
- Mesa Verde National Park (2 hrs)
- Black Canyon National Park (2 hrs)
- Moab, UT (Canyonlands & Arches National Parks) (3 hrs)
- Colorado National Monument (3 hrs)
- Natural Bridges National Monument (3 1/2 hrs)
- Chaco National Historic Park (4 hrs)
- Canyon de Chelley (4 hours)
- Lake Powell / Glen Canyon (5 hrs)
- Great Sand Dunes National Park (5 hrs)
- Grand Canyon National Park (6 hrs)
- Rocky Mountain National Park (6 hrs)
Getting around town is easy
The FREE gondola operates from 6:30 AM until midnight from Sunday-Thursday & 6:30 AM until 2:00 AM Friday and Saturday:
- the Town of Mountain Village
- the base of the Telluride Ski Area
- Station St. Sophia at the top of the mountain (access to skiing, hiking/biking trails, and the Mountain Bike Park)
- the Town of Telluride
- provides access between Mountain Village Center and the Meadows neighborhood
- Free bus service in Mountain Village (summer only)
- Free bus route in Telluride
Distance from major towns/destinations:
- 1 1/2 hours south of Montrose
- 1 1/2 hours northeast of Cortez
- 2 hours north of Durango
- 7 hours southwest of Denver
- 7 hours southeast of Salt Lake City
- 8 hours north of Phoenix