Telluride - A great place to live, work & visit!
San Juan Mountains, Southwest Colorado
- Mountain Village, Colorado
- $14.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 21, 2018)
Seasonal Gondola Operators
Our friendly front line employees, are responsible for loading passengers safely while sharing their knowledge and passion about the gondola, local recreational opportunities, and fabulous restaurants that Mountain Village/Telluride has to offer. Many of our seasonal employees work a season and then are off to their next adventure however, many stay on for multiple season or even go on to become full-time year round employees. We offer a generous benefit package for both seasonal and full-time year round employees. Regardless of what your plans are, as soon as you arrive you are welcomed to the team, the community and feel as if you are surrounded by good friends.
- Pay is $14/hr plus $1.00 per hour bonus upon completion of the season.
- Four day work weeks (durning winter season some shifts may be 5 days a week, perfect for the avid skier)
- Commuter shuttles may be available for $2 a ride to/from Montrose, Norwood and Cortez.
- Free public transportation
- Season Ski Pass (winter season only)
- Employee housing available
- Employees must be able to work in all weather conditions at 10,000 feet and stand for long periods of time
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- DOT drug testing
- Full job description
Summer Season: May 25th - October 21st, 2018
- Employee housing available- Living situation is a fully furnished shared 1 bedroom Village Court Apartment. We do have avalibility for the 2018 Summer season at this time!
- Employees are paired with member of the same-sex (couples or friends may be paired together space permitting)
- Rent is automatically payroll deducted bi-weekly ($279.75 summer season per pay period per person during winter season only rent is $290.00)
- Unit is fully furnished - kitchen includes full sized appliances and dishwasher
- All bills paid- cable tv included (the internet is the employees responsibility)
- $500 deposit $50 Admin Fee and parking permit fee required. (parking permit subject to availability)
- Everything you need is within walking distance or a gondola ride away, so there is no need to bring a vehicle. Onsite parking is limited and first come first serve.
- Must be employed as a full-time seasonal employee to live in Employee Housing
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Other Housing Options
- Village Court Apartments in Mountain Village: a five-minute walk from the gondola, chair lift, grocery store, Nordic skiing/ biking/ hiking trails. Offers studio, one, two, and three bedroom rentals. Minimal dog rental units are available.
- Big Billie's (summer season only) in Mountain Village: For more information, contact email@example.com 970-728-7470.
- Telluride Daily Planet: The classifieds are a great place to look for house/apartment rentals as well as "roommates wanted".
- The San Miguel Regional Housing Authority provides assistance in finding affordable housing to fit your needs.
- Telluride Sweet Deals (Facebook Group you must request to join group)
- The 13 minute (3 mile) gondola ride connects the two towns of Mountain Village and Telluride
- The gondola cabins can transport 900 people per hour between two towns. It would take 18 fifty passenger buses to drive the 8 mile trip resulting in more people on the road and more pollutants in the air.
- Every 2nd cabin allows pets; there are wheelchair accessible cabins in addition to summer bike racks and winter ski/snowboard racks
- A gondola cabins travel about 11 mph at full speed
- The longest section of the gondola has a vertical rise of 1,778 feet and is over 5,750 feet long.
- The highest station is Station St. Sophia at an elevation of 10,500 feet above sea level.
Living and working at 9,545 feet provides many recreational opportunities.
- Back-country huts: provides back-country hut to hut skiing, biking and hiking.
- Biking: Most beginner and advanced hiking/biking trails can be reached via the free gondola.
- Bouldering The Adventure Rock in Mountain Village Center is free to climb with routes for the novice to the expert climber.
- Climb a 14'er! The rugged San Juan Mountains have thirteen peaks over 14,000 feet. The Mountain Village hiking/biking map will help navigate through many of the Mountain Village high alpine routes.
- Downhill mountain biking: the free Mountain Village bike park appeals to intermediate and expert downhill bikers with its 1,000 feet of vertical drop, 30-plus berms, and various jumps. The 2002 World Cup downhill race course includes log jams, steep drops, jumps and unavoidable obstacles of up to 10 feet tall.
- Disc golf: we invite you to challenge your skills on our free, par three, 18 hole disc golf course.
- Fishing Elk Pond is the place to be for artificial flies and lures in Mountain Village. However, there is a fishing adventure for everyone from the Gold Medal Dolores River to the easily accessible San Miguel River.
- Golf: At 9500 feet, keeping your eye on the ball and off the towering peaks may be one of your biggest challenges. This par 70, 6,574 yard 18 hole golf course is surrounded by the highest concentration of 14,000 foot peaks in North America.
Summer festivals include:
- Free Wednesday summer concert series in Mountain Village
- Bluegrass, Jazz, Chamber, Americana, Blues & Brews, and The Ride
- Telluride Film and Mountain Film Festivals
- Balloon Festival
- Wine Festival
- Hardrock 100 & Imogene Pass Runs
- Mountains-to-the-Desert Bike Ride
- Arts: Plein Air
- Mushroom Festival
- Yoga Festival
Neighboring parks include:
- Mesa Verde National Park (2 hrs)
- Black Canyon National Park (2 hrs)
- Moab, Canyonlands & Arches National Parks (3 hrs)
- Canyonlands National Monument (3 hrs)
Getting around town is easy
The free gondola operates from 6:30am until midnight from Sun-Thur & 6:30 until 2 am Fri- Sat:
- the Town of Mountain Village
- the base of the Telluride Ski Area
- Station St. Sophia at the top of the mountain (access to skiing, hiking/biking trails and the Mountain Bike park)
- the Town of Telluride
- is a condensed version of a gondola cabin supporting four passengers at a time during the ski season months
- provides access between Mountain Village Center and the Meadows neighborhood
- Free bus service in Mountain Village (summer only)
- Free bus route in Telluride
Distance from major towns/destinations:
- 1 1/2 hours south of Montrose
- 1 1/2 hours northeast of Cortez
- 2 hours north of Mesa Verde National Park
- 2 hours north of Durango
- 2 hours south of Black Canyon National Park
- 3 hours from Moab, Utah and Canyonlands and Arches National Parks
- 7 hours southwest of Denver
- 7 hours southeast of Salt Lake City
- 8 hours north of Phoenix
Apply now to join our crew.
It's not too late to join the adventure!