Looking for a positive and efficient person for this versatile position at our amazing location!
Tonglen Lake feels like a remote, fly-in Lodge but is easy to access by car!
- McKinley Park, Alaska
- $20.00 / hour + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 24, 2023)
We are shifting from a B&B style Lodge to a FULL-SERVICE Lodge and looking for an experienced Baker/Breakfast Cook to join our team to ensure our guests are provided a high-quality culinary experience. The Summer season runs June 1-Sept 11, with a week of training/shut down on either end of that.
Duties will include:
- Menu planning for both morning bakery & café, and evening Dinner Service (All meals are included in the cost of accommodations for up to 50 lodge guests daily);
- Assists Kitchen Team with Recipe development;
- Assists with Costing and pricing of all menu items;
- Assists with ordering supplies, receiving orders and maintaining proper storage;
- Assists with planning and execution of food and beverages for a variety of special events, including catered dinners, workshops, weddings, retreats, wine tastings, etc.;
- Maintaining accurate inventory, with an eye toward a minimal over-wintering supply and cross-utilization of ingredients;
- Working closely with the Chef and Manager to balance needs of lodge guests, café ambiance, and the business side of the café;
- Maintaining the agreed-upon standard for café fare, cleanliness, and procedures; Improving efficiency in the flow of prep and kitchen set up.
- Commercial kitchen experience a must;
- At least 3 years experience;
- ServSafe Certificate;
- TAP Alcohol Server Certificate;
- Ability to lead a team and keep a positive atmosphere in the kitchen and café;
- Ability to effectively teach others;
- A positive attitude and an interest in contributing talents and energy toward the efforts at Tonglen Lake;
- Ability to be flexible and communicative;
- Interest in being part of a small, close-knit team of seasonal employees is a must;
- Willingness to work flexible hours to support both AM and PM service in café, or even cover overnight Baking duties, as well as occasional events.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidate has a variety of experience in food & beverage, management, ordering and logistics, and familiarity with the operation of a seasonal business. They also possess an interest in taking a relatively new café to another level in terms of production, efficiency, profitability, and creativity, within the confines of seasonality, remote location, etc.
All staff are provided housing and dinner as part of their compensation. Gratuity is split equally amongst all staff and was over 5$/hr all season last year.
How to Apply
Please email our General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and your resume, highlighting applicable experience.