Drive A Snowplow in Breckenridge this Winter!
At the base of the Breckenridge Ski Area in Breckenridge, CO.
- Breckenridge, Colorado
- $17.50 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Oct 28, 2019)
The Town of Breckenridge Public Works Department is seeking dedicated and customer service oriented individual(s) for the position of Streets Operator (Winter Seasonal). Primary duties include operating heavy equipment and plow trucks for snow and ice removal of streets, alleys, bridges, and rights-of-way. Additionally, the incumbent may perform drainage construction repair, street signage, and specific infrastructure projects as needed for the Town of Breckenridge.
As a Winter Seasonal employee- you are eligible for a free Breckenridge Recreation Wellness Pass that can be used at the Breckenridge Recreation Center, Stephen C. West Ice Arena, or the Gold Run Nordic Center.
$17.50-$19.60 per hour depending on experience.
Potential Housing Available!
CDL Training for qualified candidates
Essential Job Functions:
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
- Must be able to work a week that may include swings and/or nights. Some on-call may be required.
- Must be available and able to work through the winter season period established by the Street Division, which generally extends through mid-April 2020. All interested applicants must be available to work through this date, although all work schedules, hours and dates of work are at the discretion of the Town and may be altered at any time.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING
- Successful applicants must be able to perform physical, demanding work, and are required to meet the DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements, pass a pre-employment drug screen; have a clear Motor Vehicle Record, pass a drug and alcohol release from previous employers, a background check and reference check.
- The incumbent may also be subject to random drug and alcohol testing requirements. This position is considered safety sensitive (per DOT regulations) and operates Federal Motor Carrier vehicles on public rights-of-way as a regular function of his/her daily job duties.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- Qualified applicants will have a CDL Class A or B, although the Streets department may consider training qualified applicants for CDL. If selected for training, employment is contingent upon obtaining a CDL within 60 days of hire.
- One year of experience in street maintenance or related heavy equipment experience.
- Proven ability to operate a wide variety of heavy and light trucks, and specialized power equipment. Heavy equipment may include but is not limited to: front end loaders, single axle plow trucks, tandem axle haul trucks and street sweepers.
- Applicants should be able to work well as a member of a team and be able to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and the public.
Must be able to work a week that may include swings and/or nights. Some on-call may be required. Must be available and able to work through the winter seasonal period established by the Street Division, which generally extends from November 1st, 2019 through mid-April 2020. All interested applicants must be available to work through this date, although all work schedules, hours and dates of work are at the discretion of the Town and may be altered at any time.
How to Apply
Please apply online.