Find Yourself in the North Dakota Badlands
Live and work in a National Park!
- Medora, North Dakota
- $14.25 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
STUDENTS WELCOME - We will work around your return to school.
TRNHA is looking for someone who is energetic and excited to learn and share their knowledge with those who visit the park. The primary duty of the service clerk will be customer service in Theodore Roosevelt National Park at the Painted Canyon Visitor Center located along I-94 and in the South Unit Visitor Center located in Medora. Clerks provide park information, area information, sell merchandise, stock shelves, and ensure that the visitor has the best experience possible. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is independent, has strong social skills, and is well-organized.
- Operating visitor center sales outlet by providing visitor information and performing sales transactions, opening/closing procedures and end of the day reports.
- Provides customer service in person or by telephone; provides information related to visitor center services, facilities, activities, locations, distances, merchandise, charges/fees, procedures, or other issues. You will also be asked to direct visitors to points of interest within park; provides information regarding programs of the Association and the National Parks Service (NPS); refers inquiries to proper Association officials, NPS officials, or other personnel as appropriate.
- Assists with product operations by receiving delivery orders, unpacking and storing incoming goods, removing goods from shelves, affixing price labels and tags to merchandise.
- Promote TRNHA’s mission through membership sales and education of park visitors.
- Keep TRNHA’s store clean, stocked, and organized.
- Receive and sort inventory
- Maintain and ensure punctuality and a professional appearance
- Standing for long periods of time when working the guest service desk
- Reaching and bending while cleaning and stocking
- Lifting book boxes weighing as much as 40 lbs.; pushing carts of products weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Retail Experience is preferred but not a requirement
- Money handling experience
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate orally in order to provide general information to park visitors in an understandable pleasant manner and to handle routine problems.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Compensation and Schedule
- Seasonal Employment is available May/June through August/September (this is flexible for students and will be discussed at the interview could extend into October)
- Employees will work between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:30 pm MT.
- The employee must be available to work weekends.
- Applicants must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license, and maintain a favorable driving record.
- Must also have a reliable source of transportation.
- Housing may be available for rent