A new adventure awaits in Big Sky, Montana! The Wilson Hotel - Residence Inn
Located only 10 minutes away from Big Sky Ski Resort -- skiing and snowboarding activities abound!
- Big Sky, Montana
- $17.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Aug 02, 2020)
Our Company provides competitive wages, continuous training, and career development opportunities for our associates. Our associate benefits package includes:
401k Savings Plan (FT and PT associates)
Company match $ - $ first 3% contributed; $0.50 match for additional 2% contributed
Paid Holidays (FT and PT associates)
Seven (7) Paid Holidays
Hotel Room Discounts (FT and PT associates)
Brand and Urgo managed hotels
Job Description: Assure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas. Assist room attendants, following company and brand standards, to ensure high standards of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills, is preferred.
- No experience necessary.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day.
- Exerting 85 + pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up-to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Desired Competencies, Work Skills, and Knowledge required:
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed accuracy, follow-through
- Service and detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal, with associates and guests.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to perform housekeeping duties as outlined in the training program and property-specific checklists, including cleaning rooms.
- Basic knowledge of how to solve room care equipment problems and/or who to contact for resolution.
- Identify maintenance issues and communicate them to maintenance.
- Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents, and operation of different types of equipment.
- Stock linen closets with amenities ad supplies for room attendants, including taking supplies to room attendants.
- Empty carts of soiled linen and trash.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirror, room numbers on guest rooms, and elevator doors.
- Monitor and clean public areas including the lobby, restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, banquet area, and meeting space.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas and foyers.
- Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by the supervisor.
- Complete job specific checklist on a daily basis.
- Operate all equipment in a correct and safe manner.
- Must comply with all department, hotel, and corporate standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for knowing Hotel emergency procedures.
- Willingness to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
- Be readily available and approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Greet guests in public areas of the hotel.
How to Apply
Please send a resume to Helena Groves at firstname.lastname@example.org.