A new adventure awaits in Big Sky, Montana! The Wilson Hotel - Residence Inn
Located only 10 minutes away from Big Sky Ski Resort and 50 minutes away from Yellowstone National Park. Minutes away from Gallatin River that offers Blue Ribbon Trout fishing and whitewater rafting.
- Big Sky, Montana
- $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 11, 2019)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously performs essential job functions.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 15 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Occasional twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking.
- Frequent talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
Desired Competencies, Work Skills, and Knowledge required:
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and manage stressful situations when occur.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader with minimal direct supervision.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed professional appearance per Marriott standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: ADMINISTRATIVE
- Thorough knowledge of all front office and guest services department operations and individual job requirements.
- Interview and assist in making hiring decisions.
- Manage all scheduling and training programs of front desk staff.
- Monitor associate performance and encourage improvement.
- Payroll administration for department personnel.
- Carry out all reasonable requests of which you are capable of performing.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
- Read correspondence, and direct staff according to information obtained from other departments.
- Maintain Business Center and assist guests as needed.
- Comply with corporate accounting procedures.
- Assist AGM and/or GM in developing hotel budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Utilize budgets to obtain financial objectives.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Assist team members in understanding team members’ ever changing needs and expectations, and exceed them.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout the hotel and within company.
- Assist team members in understanding AOS/ GSS results, developing game plans to attack need areas.
- Complete development plan for staff focusing on continual learning.
- Conduct one-on-ones with team members.
- Provide service training on a quarterly basis and whenever needed.
- Ensure orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Train the team members on hotel emergency plan, train, and implementation.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program requiring weekend stay-over whenever needed.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Minsun Robillard at firstname.lastname@example.org.