A new adventure awaits in Big Sky, Montana! The Wilson Hotel - Residence Inn opening May 16!
Located only 10 minutes away from Big Sky Ski Resort and 50 minutes away from Yellowstone National Park. Minutes away from Gallatin River that offers Blue Ribbon Trout fishing and whitewater rafting.
- Big Sky, Montana
- $17.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jun 11, 2019)
Our company provides competitive wages, continuous training, and career development opportunities for our associates. Our associate benefits package includes:
Group, Dental & Vision
Competitive insurance plan! Company pays 2/3 of premiums
401k Savings Plan (FT and PT associates)
Company match $ - $ first 3% contributed; $0.50 match for additional 2% contributed
Paid Holidays (FT and PT associates)
Seven (7) Paid Holidays
Hotel Room Discounts (FT and PT associates)
Brand and Urgo managed hotels
Job Description: Assist guests efficiently and courteously in all Front Office related functions, while projecting high standards of service and professional hospitality at all times. Balance and post charges and settlements. Reset systems for next day operations.
FRONT DESK SKILLS
- Audit, balance, post and report on front desk, rooms, and all food and beverage outlets’ cash and credit operations and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely function and optimal operations management.
- Organize the shift and reviews and complete the following: remaining reservations that are to arrive, verifies that all updated contingency reports have been run, resolves discrepancies with departments out of balance, verifies GTD no-shows and completes walk report, and ensures credit cards are in balance with calculator tape attached.
- Close the financial day for the hotel.
- Work on assigned additional projects, stocking supplies and assisting other over-night staff as needed.
- Properly assign room locations, rate room selling strategies, and guaranteed or requested room types.
- Have daily knowledge of groups or functions in-house and local current events.
- Understand qualified discounts, their availability and application of vouchers.
- Accurately handle future and same day reservations or take walk-in guests.
- Check-in and check-out guests in a knowledgeable, efficient, and professional manner.
- Assist guests with safe deposit box use at Front Desk.
- Post, correct, or adjust charges to guest account as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel credit, cash in advance, and check cashing procedures.
- Maintain accuracy in cash handling procedures.
- Monitors room availability, follows restrictions, and all booking policies and procedures.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Familiar with frequently used Standard Operations Procedures.
- Basic knowledge of how to operate all Front Office equipment. Ability to solve basic equipment problems and/ or who to contact for resolution.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Actively identify barriers and attempt to resolve within the team.
- Nurture team and teamwork concept.
- Trained on all hotel emergency procedures, equipment, and utility shutoffs.
Assist the hotel operation by completing the following responsibilities:
- Blocking rooms for same day based on: VIP’s, specific location or views guaranteed to groups.
- Communicate with Manager regarding status of groups.
- Communicate with Housekeeping regarding VIP arrivals and expediting VR rooms.
- Run hourly house counts and confirm selling strategy with Manager/ Supervisor.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Communicate pertinent shift information to Manager/ Supervisor and team members both verbally and in writing via logbook. Update as necessary.
- Pass-on pertinent information to next shift. Group information, current selling strategy, follow-up required for guests or shift responsibilities.
- Familiar with property, departments, hours of operation, and services of the hotel.
- Answer phones within 3 rings using proper greeting and etiquette.
- Understand and carry out specific duties for: fire alarms, bomb threats, and medical emergencies.
- Ability to make long distance, international, or special billing telephone calls.
- Receive and deliver clear and professional messages in PMS and offer assistance with voice mail.
- Answer basic Front Office related questions.
- Properly send, receive, and log faxes in a timely manner.
- Properly accept, log, and maintain mail in an organized manner.
- Report, log, and follow-up on telephone equipment malfunctions.
- Confirm, record, and deliver wake-up calls (using manual sheet and/ or switchboard).
- Use and explain the use of TDD equipment for hearing impaired.
- Assist team in completing daily responsibilities.
How to Apply
Please contact Minsun Robillard at email@example.com or by calling 808-269-1745.