Hiking, backpacking & llama Guides - Turn great adventures into unforgettable experiences!
Lead a variety of hikes in beautiful places: hiring guides in specific regions across the US
- Montana, Flagstaff, Arizona, California, and Washington
- unknown / day + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (Jun 02, 2023)
Wildland Trekking Co is seeking Guides to lead backpacking, hiking and llama trekking trips. Work from March - October OR June through September in one of the following areas: The Greater Yellowstone region, New England, Pacific Northwest, Grand Canyon, Greater Sierras/Yosemite, Southern Utah and Joshua Tree or The Rocky Mountains of Colorado.
Guides manage all aspects of the trip. They prep gear and food, cook meals, teach guests the basics of backpacking and camping, provide interpretive information, manage risk in variable environments, and facilitate social dynamics and guest satisfaction.
Benefits include a fun, supportive work environment with high-quality people, a wage scale that rewards field experience, paid training, post-trip gratuities, and opportunities for professional growth into management positions. Imagine working a job where many of America's premier hiking destinations are your day-to-day lifestyle.
The Wildland Trekking Company offers small group, multi-day backpacking or llama/mule supported trips, day hikes, car-camping basecamp style, and inn-based hiking trips for adults and families looking to experience unforgettable hiking vacations in majestic landscapes. Guests can expect delicious meals and extraordinary guides who have the ability to turn a great get-away into an unforgettable, inspiring adventure.
- 21 years of age
- Previous guiding experience (2 years preferred)
- Hold, or obtain, a valid WFR/WEMT
- Hold, or be willing to obtain, a ServSafe of Backcountry Food handlers Certification
- Clean Background check and Motor Vehicle Record (minor infraction ok)
- Excellent camping/backcountry living skills
- Experience and desire to cook delicious meals in an outdoor setting
- Practiced interpretation and/or teaching skills, strong local knowledge (or willingness to dig in and learn about an area)
- A service-oriented work ethic
- High level of fitness
- Enthusiasm for being outside in all weather
- Superb customer service and people skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, go to our website to read more about what we offer, what we're looking for, and the specifics of the job we are looking to fill.
Next, fill out our online application. We respond to all completed applications within about 1 - 2 weeks.