Come work in The Cultural Epicenter of Trout
The Trout Kingdom
- Ennis, Montana
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Mar 01, 2021)
The Tackle Shop, located along the Madison River in Ennis Montana was established in 1937 and is the oldest continually operating fly shop in Montana. We are a full line Orvis dealer along with all the other major fishing brands. We operate an outfitting business out of the store on the Madison River along with Yellowstone National Park, the Blackfoot, Bitterroot, Missouri, Clark Fork, Jefferson, and Big Hole Rivers. We operate an online store as well as a website for advertising purposes that has a blog, fishing report, as well as online links to our social media platforms.
We are looking for one talented individual to help lead our team in the retail space. Our ideal candidate would be responsible for the day-to-day management of our retail store, employees, merchandising, and all other functions. They will also be responsible for assisting in e-commerce selling as well as blog, fishing reports, and social media platform updates. The person will participate in big picture direction with the adaptation and implementation of a strategic plan. A self-starter and creative thinker who can work on their own and lead others. A strong passion for fly-fishing and willingness to live and work in Montana.
The ideal candidate would have retail experience in a fast-paced environment in the outdoor industry, fly-fishing preferred. An excellent communicator who has proficiency in verbal and written communication. A self-starter who at times can work on their own. Management skills. A creative thinker and problem solver who can assist in developing big picture policy and have the follow-through to implement. A driving passion to excel. A highly developed passion for fly-fishing, Montana, and a willingness to live and work in a beautiful environment. Mentally tough with the ability to work long hours with little time off during the busy season.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced fly shop.
- Managing the store employees and scheduling.
- Oversee and direct merchandising, cleaning, and stocking to make sure the store is always presentation ready.
- Actively lead the team in sales and implement new techniques to be adapted across all team members.
- Focus on the customer relationship experience in relation to interactions with team members, the community, and clients.
- Manage the POS system including inventory, deliveries, and outgoing sales.
- Assist business manager with inventory trends and purchase orders.
- Assist in updating the daily fishing reports, social media platforms, and blogs.
- Help teach fly fishing 101 classes at the store.
- Participate in advertising decisions.
- Work regular shifts on the store floor and actively participate with customers.
- One or more years in a fast-paced retail environment in the outdoor world.
- Management of retail preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer competency in online sales over different platforms.
- Competency with Microsoft office suite.
- A strong passion for fly-fishing, Montana, and the outdoor lifestyle.
- Desire to live and work in one of the most beautiful places on earth and share that passion with others.
- The ability to work long hours with little time off during the busy season, knowing that in the off season there is more availability for time away from the business.
Competitive compensation is dependent on experience. Also, the possibility of housing may be included.
How to Apply
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org