Come join our Culinary team as a Butcher!
A luxury ranch resort situated on 37,000-acres in central, western Montana.
- Greenough, Montana
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 01, 2019)
ABOUT THE RESORT AT PAWS UP
The Resort at Paws Up is America’s premier luxury ranch resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up embodies the spirit of the American West with constant innovation and evolution to deliver the quintessential luxury experience for affluent and influential travelers from all over the world. It’s a family owned and award-winning destination that truly inspires.
Our Culinary department is hiring for the positions of Butcher. We are looking for a skilled Butcher to oversee handling, inspection and processing of our meat cuts and charcuterie program.
This is an opportunity to grow your career in the Culinary field. Applicants should be responsible, energetic, and above all positive. You will learn from our core team, but talented Chefs visiting from across the nation. Previous butcher experience is required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sharpen and adjust cutting equipment
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery
- Cut, bone, or grind pieces of meat
- Prepare and cook meat according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
- Store meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature
- Keep inventory of meat and order meat supplies
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards
- Set-up and break down work station
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers
- Work closely with Culinary Team in launching charcuterie program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work
- 2-4 years’ experience in Culinary field
- Formal Culinary Training
- Valid Food Handler’s License
- Valid Driver’s License with ability to meet company driving insurance policy
The positions offered are seasonal, full-time located in Greenough, MT. The Resort at Paws Up offers great benefits including carpool reimbursement, company shuttle from Missoula, MT, employee discounts, employee meals, and more! For more information about Paws Up, visit www.pawsup.com.
Wage: $15.00/hr.; plus $5.00/hr. bonus
Positions anticipated to start in March and April 2019.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW and complete our online application