Love baked goods? Come join our Culinary team as a Pastry Cook!
A luxury ranch resort situated on 37,000-acres in central, western Montana.
- Greenough, Montana
- $11.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 01, 2019)
ABOUT THE RESORT AT PAWS UP
The Resort at Paws Up is America’s premier luxury ranch resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up embodies the spirit of the American West with constant innovation and evolution to deliver the quintessential luxury experience for affluent and influential travelers from all over the world. It’s a family owned and award-winning destination that truly inspires.
We have openings for the positions of Pastry Cook under our Culinary department. The Pastry Cook position aids the Pastry Chef in baking high-quality desserts, pastries, and other baked goods for the various outlets and events at The Resort at Paws Up.
This is an opportunity to grow your career in the Culinary field. We are looking for a motivated Team player to join our Culinary program(s). Applicants should be responsible, energetic, and above all positive. You will learn from our core team, but talented Chefs visiting from across the nation. Previous kitchen experience is helpful, but we encourage anyone with ambition to forward their career in the culinary field to apply.
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Assist the Pastry Chef in creating new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of our guests.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Must be able to carry out and monitor the production of pastry items to specifications and ensure that the portion size and quality of the dishes conform to the highest standard.
- Assist in the preparation and production of all pastry items according to the highest standards and menu planning.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Ensure kitchen and Health Department sanitation requirements are maintained at all times.
- Possess attentive, accountable and highly organization skills with the ability to plan multiple activities and meet deadlines.
- Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served throughout shift.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Set-up and break down work station.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work; Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field
- Minimum 1-year baking/pastry experience in fine dining kitchen or bakery
- Knowledge of world class hospitality and service
- Valid Food Handler’s License
- Valid Driver’s License with ability to meet company driving insurance policy
The positions offered are seasonal located in Greenough, MT. The Resort at Paws Up offers great benefits including shuttle opportunities, carpool reimbursement, employee discounts, and more! For more information about Paws Up, visit www.pawsup.com.
Positions anticipated to start in March 2019.
$11.00/hr.; plus $5.00/hr. bonus
How to Apply
Please click APPLY NOW and apply online today