Montana Adventure Awaits
Work and Live in Beautiful Western Montana
- Philipsburg, Montana
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (May 01, 2023)
Primary Purpose of Position
As a Landscaper at The Ranch at Rock Creek you will be responsible for the overall maintenance and upkeep of The Ranch grounds facilities. Our landscaping team helps create the sanctuary that our guest expects when they arrive at The Ranch. The Landscaper is responsible for the planting and caring of plants, flowers, trees and shrubs including fertilization and pest control; up keep of our irrigation system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fertilizes, water, weed, cut and trim landscaping.
- Remove and replace dead or damaged plants, shrubs and trees.
- Plant new flowers and shrubs in appropriate seasons.
- Operate power lawn mowers, edger, sheers, hand tools and vehicles associated with ground maintenance and landscaping activities.
- Maintain grounds equipment and tools in proper working order; perform minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required. Keep storage area in a safe and clean condition.
- Remove trash daily from sidewalks, grounds, landscaping and parking lots.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma plus training in horticulture.
- Prior landscaping and grounds-keeping experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with and repairing irrigation systems.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Knowledge of landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of and ability to properly use landscaping chemicals and pesticides.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management.
- A current driver's license is required.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.