Do you LOVE Organizing, Managing, Driving Sales, Customer Service and more? This is for you!
Beautiful Forbes 5 Star working and guest ranch!
- Philipsburg, Montana
- $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Primary Purpose of Position
Responsible for planning and executing the successful achievement of Rooms revenue as defined by the annual operating budget.
Full-time, year-round employees enjoy a benefits package that includes insurance, PTO, and holidays. Employees who successfully complete the season will be eligible for a bonus. Shared, onsite staff housing is available to employees at no cost. The Ranch also provides complimentary access to basic food items and a daily lunch provided by our staff cook.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Proactively drive market share and revenue performance.
2. Constantly monitor defined competitive set and make timely, appropriate yielding decisions.
3. Develop overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels.
4. Review Group / Event P&Ls to ensure profitability is being met with every piece of business.
5. Effectively manage and be in control of all rooms inventory.
6. Have a course of action to address concerns with the property’s occupancy and ADR figures.
7. Responsible for the effective implementation and compliance to hotel standards and procedures.
8. Ensure all distribution channels are maximized and show rate parity.
9. Share best practices with Rooms and Sales departments.
10. Lead the property’s weekly Revenue Meeting.
11. Produce accurate weekly forecasts: 30-60-90 day.
12. Develop and execute the daily selling strategy.
13. Analyze and communicate guest issues to include, but not limited to: guest inconvenience, guest reservation issues and guest rebates.
14. Oversee the development and effective execution of the internal communications and VIP Program.
15. Assist in the recruiting and training of the Rooms departments utilizing Forbes Travel Guide reservation standards, specifically with reservations and selling techniques.
16. Develop and implement packages, including package components and package revenue distribution.
17. Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of the Employee Handbook and SOPs.
18. Actively participate in the Manager on Duty program.
19. Communicate relevant issues to the Assistant General Manager & General Manager. Have combative strategies prepared.
20. Actively participate in the creation of the annual budget: Rooms Day-By-Day, Rooms Stats and Rooms Expenses
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Management, HRTM or Accounting.
3. Minimum of three years’ experience in hospitality operations.
4. Computer training and proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Illustrator. Adobe Suite.
5. Understanding of PMS functionality.
6. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and coworkers to their understanding.
7. Ability to provide legible communication.
8. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
9. A valid driver’s license.
10. Previous hotel experience, preferably front and back-of-house.
11. Previous guest service training.
12. Knowledge of Springer Miller Systems and NAVIS.
1. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and follow-up as necessary to receive desired results.
2. Ability to analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
3. Ability to focus attention on details.
4. Ability to input and access information in aforementioned software programs.
5. Ability to analyze data, make meaningful conclusions and execute sound actions.
6. Ability to prepare and present effective presentations.
7. Ability to train staff to effectively execute systems and standards.
8. Ability to exert physical effort: lifting, bending, seated for long periods of time.
9. Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of employee, guest and company information.
10. Ability to work with limited direct supervision.
11. Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.