Luxury Montana Guest Ranch Hiring Dining Room Manager
Beautiful Big Sky Country!!!
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 31, 2020)
Primary Purpose of Position
Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the restaurant and bar staff as well as other operating expenses for the efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of food and beverages. Key Responsibilities include the daily operations, such as opening and closing the restaurant and bar, hiring and training of restaurant and bar staff, scheduling and managing payroll, ensuring high service levels to achieve and maintain guest satisfaction, meeting revenue and departmental profit goals. Directs service staff in daily operations and in accordance with hotel standards. This position is a salaried position with benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions to ensure achievement of all financial goals, by using the staffing guides and payroll forecast to manage payroll as well as manage checkbooks for other operational expenses.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu selections available in restaurant and bar
- The restaurant’s financial standing at all times (month-to-date and year-to-date).
- Restaurant layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacities, hours of operation, price ranges, and dress code.
- POS and manual procedures.
- Daily house counts, arrivals/departures, VIPs.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and times.
- Employee handbook
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
- See that scheduled inventories of alcoholic beverages are accurately performed.
- Create purchase orders for all beverage ordering related to the restaurant and bar.
- Create restaurant and bar staff schedules. Ensure that they are in accordance with anticipated business demands.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Work closely with Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Food and beverage on PR and social media to enhance and optimize a positive awareness of the restaurant locally and nationally.
- Attend all pre-service meetings while on property.
- Schedule and conduct quarterly inventories on – glassware – china – flatware – linen. Maintain par levels according to budget and business needs.
- Constantly monitor front of house staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to department standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Review the restaurant reservation book. Check for VIPs and special requests. Ensure that proper staff is informed.
- Be familiar with all hotel service/features and local attractions and activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the five step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Update on local and national industry trends
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in food and beverage management.
- Food handling certificate.
- ServeSafe Certificate
- Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French service, Russian service, tableside flambé, butler style service).
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management, and coworkers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with food/beverage and labor cost control.
- Strong knowledge of wines, with focus on Napa Valley and California wineries.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience in food service, preferably front- and back-of-house.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and food service.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program.
- Certification in CPR.
- Computer training, preferably in Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Certification in management training.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Ability to enforce hotel’s standards, policies, and procedures with/through F&B management and staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work and follow-up as necessary to receive desired result.
- Ability to direct performance of restaurant service staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Ability to motivate front of house staff and develop and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to ascertain training needs and provide the front of house staff such training.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze, and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to train staff to suggestively sell menu items with wine and beverage pairings.
- Ability to input and access information into POS system.
- Ability to interact positively with intoxicated and/or problem guests.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to ensure the security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area.
- Ability to sit at a desk/work station for up to eight hours.
- Ability to walk.
- Ability to balance
- Ability to maintain equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Reaching overhead
- Manual dexterity
- Visual Acuity
- Close vision
- Distant vision
- Peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- Ability to adjust focus
- Ability to drive.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to Apply
Please apply online.