LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. as a Security Manager at The Oasis at Death Valley!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $24.45 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Dec 01, 2023)
Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Security team at the Oasis at Death Valley!
The Oasis at Death Valley is situated in a lush, spring-fed desert oasis, surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park. The Oasis operates the historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Both hotels are open year-round and feature swimming pools fed by naturally warm local springs.
We’re hiring a Security Manager to Live. Work. Explore. in Death Valley National Park!
We are looking for a Security Manager to provide safety and protection for guests and employees of The Oasis at Death Valley properties. You will lead and train the Security Team and the volunteer fire brigade. This role serves as a first responder in all guest and/or employee incidents and/or property wide emergency situations. Our mission is to provide legendary service to our guests visiting from all over the world, and your work is instrumental to our success!
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Start Dates: December
Pay: $24.45 per hour
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Why the Oasis at Death Valley?
Death Valley National Park is in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. With incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and America's lowest elevations, Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests.
Life at the Oasis:
- Employee housing (dormitory-style or RV site)
- Free breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the employee dining room (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Death Valley National Park pass
- Free access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym and sports courts
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts at the Oasis
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Develops and ensures implementation of the Fire Life Safety department’s programs, policies, procedures, processes, standards and emergency preparedness plans. Also conducts audits within the department to test and validate compliance with established policies, procedures, programs,etc.Ability to manage all safety-security investigations
- Ability to manage all safety-security investigations
- Provide staff training in safety, the protection of life and property as well as public relations.
- Responsible for ensuring department training and response meets Company expectations for First Responder to fire and safety emergencies on property.
- Responsible for Fire Brigade training of staff
- Responsible for loss prevention elements including but not limited to key control, access authorization and CCTV monitoring.
- Reviews security related logs and incident reports and develop recommendations for department
management and safety & security personnel to preclude recurrence.
- Facilitates drug and alcohol testing program guidelines and procedures, including post-accident and reasonable suspicion, ensuring compliance with all Federal and State laws and/or regulations.
- Must maintain confidentiality on all security-related issues and drug and alcohol testing issues.
- Develop and promote a proactive philosophy in deterring criminal activity, inappropriate employee behavior or actions, protection of property, and reduction in quality of life complaints.
- Foster positive relations and morale with all department managers and safety & security personnel.
- Act as a liaison to the Risk Management Director and/or HR Director keeping them abreast of all property, safety & security initiatives and trends, communicating results of post-accident and drug and alcohol testing as needed.
- Establish and maintain positive liaisons with NPS, INYO County, CHP and any other enforcement official. Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development of safety & security personnel.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development of safety & security personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous supervisory or management experience in safety, security and emergency medical services (EMS), hospitality or risk management is preferred.
- Proven ability to train new employees in detailed procedures regarding safety-security work.
- Previous experience working on rural, municipal, or volunteer fire brigade and be able to train fire fighters in the safe and effective operation of various fire fighting equipment preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills as they relate to report writing and ability to train staff in proper report writing.
- Knowledge of workman compensation laws and reporting requirements.
- Excellent verbal communication and report writing skills.
- Strong computer skills including MO, Word & Excel.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain a California license within 30 days of hire.
- Possession of or ability to obtain First Aid/CPR and AED instructor certification.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods for time.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, twist, reach, and grasp.
- Must be able to talk or hear, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Minimum Required Training Certifications
- Possession of or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification.
- Required to complete elements of Incident Action Planning (IAP)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!