LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. at The Oasis at Death Valley as a Grounds Supervisor!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $20.30 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Grounds Team at The Oasis at Death Valley!
The Oasis at Death Valley is situated in a lush, spring-fed desert oasis, surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park. The Oasis operates the historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Both hotels are open year-round and feature swimming pools fed by naturally warm local springs.
We’re hiring a Grounds Supervisor to Live. Work. Explore. in Death Valley National Park!
Design, install, care, and maintenance of all The Oasis at Death Valley plant materials and landscape features.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Start Dates: Immediate
Why the Oasis at Death Valley?
Death Valley National Park is in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. With incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and America's lowest elevations, Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests.
Life at the Oasis:
- Employee housing (dormitory-style or RV site)
- Free breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the employee dining room (cafeteria-style)
- Free on-site laundry facility, Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Death Valley National Park pass
- Free access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym and sports courts
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts at the Oasis
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Supervise landscape staff and assign daily tasks under the direction of the Grounds Superintendent.
- Help interview, hire, train and evaluate team members.
- Develop a preventative maintenance program for all landscape areas.
- Design annual and perennial flowerbeds that enhance the overall experience and the overall presentation of the property.
- Purchase plant material within budgetary guidelines.
- Work and support other landscape team members
- Maintain resort trees and shrubs.
- Monitor health and determine fertility and pesticide programs for landscape plantings.
- Create and work effective schedules that meet operational demands and provide adequate coverage.
- Schedule timely groundskeeping such as tree pruning, raking, trimming amongst other related tasks.
- Take environmental awareness and measures that protect resources and wildlife.
- Maintain, install, and schedule irrigation systems for landscape features.
- All other duties as assigned by the Landscape Superintendent.
- Must be able to demonstrate professional and courteous behavior with all guests and employees.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly exposed to extreme conditions which include extreme hot conditions in the Summer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!