The Oasis at Death Valley Golf Course is hiring an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $20.90 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our team at The Oasis at Death Valley as the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. With incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Furnace Creek Golf Course at Death Valley offers great California desert resort golf, a unique golf vacation and an ideal winter getaway. At 214 feet below sea level, this 18-hole, par 70 course is also the world’s lowest elevation golf course. Palm and tamarisk trees frame the fairways and majestic mountains are visible from all areas of the course.
Rated one of “America’s 50 Toughest Courses” by Golf Digest, The Furnace Creek Golf Course at Death Valley offers golfers the chance to test their mettle against the low elevation, low barometric pressure, and perhaps even a coyote or two, that will make a golf ball dance in mysterious ways.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent oversees areas of golf maintenance including but not limited to equipment maintenance, landscaping, fertilizer/chemical applications, employee management, and irrigation management, and participates in facility inspections. Supervise/manage minor golf course/landscaping construction, restoration, and tree management projects.
Position Type: Full-time, Year-Round
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Discounted Housing
- Free breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- Free WIFI
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to full time year-round employees
- On-site Training and Employee Learning and Development Programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
- Oversees areas of golf maintenance including but not limited to equipment maintenance, landscaping, fertilizer/chemical applications, employee management, and irrigation management.
- Participate in facility inspections and supervise/manage minor golf course/landscaping construction, restoration, and tree management projects.
- Ensure that all equipment and golf carts are being maintained correctly and used safely and efficiently.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assist with the Golf Professional on all golf activities including guest and employee tournaments.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of administrative paperwork as is required.
- Ensure that OSHA safety procedure and Environmental Standards are adhered to and that ongoing safety training is conducted.
- Maintain proper pesticide application licensing and record keeping.
- Ensure that all Golf activities are accomplished so as to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are aware of the “Our Softer Footprint” Policy, Xanterra’s company-wide Environmental Management System (EMS) and their roles and responsibilities in achieving conformance to the policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Turf Care/Horticulture, 1-2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct Golf Course and landscaping personnel.
- Budgetary management experience.
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a resort management team.
- Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence and ability to demonstrate position leadership.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Must be able to lift or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours at a time.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!