LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. at The Oasis at Death Valley as a Kitchen Repair Technician!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $20.90 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 01, 2023)
Join our team at The Oasis at Death Valley as the Kitchen Repair Technician!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. With incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Oasis at Death Valley operates two hotels, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Our historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch offer guests a variety of accommodations. Both hotels have swimming pools that are open annually and are fed from naturally warm local springs.
The Kitchen Equipment Technician maintains, troubleshoots and repairs commercial kitchen and beverage equipment.
Start Date: October
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Discounted Housing
- Free breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- Free WIFI
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to full-time year-round employees
- On-site training and employee learning and development programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
- Assist in the training of Food and Beverage Department personnel in the proper operation of kitchen equipment.
- Train general maintenance technicians in basic troubleshooting and repair of kitchen equipment.
- Accurately document labor and materials spent in the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Conduct routine periodic inspections of kitchen equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Bring equipment on-line as the facilities open for the season and ensure the equipment is properly laid-up at the end of the season.
- Identify and stop any observed unsafe work practices.
- Promote Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.
- Possess the skill required to complete common mechanical and electrical repairs and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Aptitude and ability to logically troubleshoot equipment problems and determine the appropriate course of action to correct.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with drive systems (gear, belt chain), bearings, flexible couplings, centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps, valves and valve actuators.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with plumbing, steam and electrical systems.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office software suite and the ability to quickly gain proficiency in company-specific software.
- General knowledge of OSHA requirements and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and train less experienced maintenance technicians and tradesmen.
- May be required to use respiratory protection and comply with applicable respiratory protection procedures.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!